Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Yeruski (zelph) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale
About Me Dan Yeruski has not added a biography yet.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Yeruski

Showing 181 - 190 of 1879 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...188

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Pot halfway out?
The ridgelines on the Trail Designs and my beer can pots are at the 2 cup level. The water is below the support line, surrounded by heat of the cone and protected from the wind. Flat bottomed cans ...

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
June 07, 10:10am

Bowls are better
Al bowls are better than straight sided pots :-) Experiments a few years ago told me so ;) More experiments will be forthcoming when my esbit arrives.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » UL winter cook kit
June 06, 2:58pm

Re: re: Esbit burner testing
Jameson, I use a wet piece of toilet tissue to wipe the bottom of a beer can pot. Residue is water soluble. Significant findings so far: 1. Richard May discovers small aluminum Red Bull type...

June 06, 10:00am

Re: 4g Esbit tablets
My last order was from ebay: Arrival of my order is due next week Tuesday and then the fun will resume :-)

June 06, 6:04am

More oxygen
Because you have charcoal left over instead of ash, I say you need more incoming air under the grate. My motto....never deny your stove oxygen :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Woodgas Cup stove.
June 05, 9:35pm

1 out of 8 is
One steam burn out of 8 pick-ups is too many :-) Pouring with it like that might get you more steam burns....right?

In Make Your Own Gear » Carbon Felt Pot Holder
June 05, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Esbit burner testing
Hello Aaron, looks like your windscreen/pot support is made to burn the esbit in a slow mode correct? I say that because of the amount of incoming and exiting air holes. Pot sits down into the p...

June 05, 9:21pm

Re: Esbit burner testing
Thank you Aaron, I dislike making videos also :) I need to get a Ti bowl like you have. That might be the ticket to sweetsville. Also need to order more 4 gram esbit. It will all come togethe...

June 02, 9:12pm

Re: Re: re: Esbit burner testing
Aaron, got a video. How does air get under your pot and exit? How tall is your pot support? What is distance from esbit to bottom of pot? I found this as I was searching a thread...just for refe...

June 02, 4:21pm

Re: re: Esbit burner testing
Gary, the distance is not written in stone. My recent tests were conducted with a BGET tray with 2 four gram tablets side by side with 1/2 tablet on top. 1/8" raised up off ground. I can...

June 02, 1:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Yeruski

Dan Yeruski has posted no reviews.