BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 181 - 190 of 3013 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...302

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: the non-aggression principle
"The argument that any form of government is inherently violent, because it uses violent physical force against those who disobey a mandate, is a sound argument." I agree with this to ...

In Chaff » the non-aggression principle
December 05, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Nelson Mandela, RIP
"…For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

In Chaff » Nelson Mandela, RIP
December 05, 7:37pm

Re: Vegas
Jacob, its a little too early for me to tell as well. My family was originally going to come with me but it turns out my kids have spring break two weeks before I do. We might pull them out of sc...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 05, 7:31pm

Re: Re: "There is a war on journalism" . Democracy Now.

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
December 05, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: the non-aggression principle
Another quick question I'll throw in concerns property rights. NAP obviously hinges pretty heavily on the concept of private property. Inconvenient fact, but most of the private property of t...

December 05, 6:14pm

Re: the non-aggression principle
I think it's a fine idea but the first serious doubt I have about its implementation is whether or not technological/industrial civilization of this scale is even possible without aggression to...

December 05, 5:50pm

Re: route
If we camp in the South Campground (main park), the Grotto is roughly 4 miles away by slightly downhill paved road. You could walk back to camp, possibly catch a park shuttle, or hitch a ride. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 05, 9:39am

Re: Re: Re: WTT: Handheld noisemaker for backpacking gear
I was hoping the handheld noisemaker was a golden kazoo or something. ___________________________________ So can WA and CO residents post marijuana for gear trade solicitations on BPL now?

In Gear Swap » WTT: Handheld noisemaker for backpacking gear
December 04, 5:48pm

Which Pencil for the JMT?
Chief Tom (after our very own Tom Kirchner), Thunder Basin, Sierra...a quick sunset sketch. I like the Fisher Space Pen. For a ballpoint the ink flows well and I like the sleek little bulle...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 04, 5:20pm

Re: Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
I like the SL3 quite a bit. It's currently my oldest shelter and I've yet to find any reason to replace it. Of the three shelters you mention (I've been in them all), I think it's...

In GEAR » Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
December 04, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm