BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 181 - 190 of 3132 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...314

Forum » Thread

Making Do: The Clunker MTB and Too Much Fun.
A few months ago I snapped the derailleur hanger on my Kona MTB in a near miss crash with another bike on a local singletrack. We both rounded a blind curve simultaneously, each launching into opp...

In Other Activities » Making Do: The Clunker MTB and Too Much Fun.
February 17, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
I've tried a quilt. My takeaway from the experience is that a bag can do everything a quilt can do and more. The few ounces of weight savings a quilt provides is not worth the tradeoff in fea...

In GEAR » Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
February 17, 11:13am

Re: Re: Moving Sideways
West Coast Doug? Really? I owe you a scotch. Maybe you'll be close enough that I can make good on it. Good luck in this new shift, I hope it proves to be what you're looking for.

In Chaff » Moving Sideways
February 17, 12:16am

Re: gopro
Thanks for the offer Dan, that's a great deal. I've got to pass though. I just picked up an older model with a bunch of accessories for $100. I promised myself I'd go cheap on this t...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 17, 12:08am

Re: a pound
"Who said, " a pound on the back is like 5 in the mind. " Was that me? Seriously though, the whole UL thing has turned young men into wimps and old guys into people I don't want ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 5:57pm

Re: Zion Run Day Logistics
I plan on sweeping the course. Unless dropping out, as long as nobody gets lost or behind me, I can carry the keys for the final car. If anyone is ahead of me and dropping, maybe we can arrange...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
February 15, 10:34am

Re: We're in at Watchman
Thanks Mike. I could paypal you or mail a check over if you need it now. Otherwise we can handle it there. I'm of the strong opinion that camping down in the valley is better. It may be m...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
February 15, 9:24am

Re: Re: Return dilemma
I'm not sure if having the nerve to return a 20 year old bivy should be praised or condemned.

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 5:57pm

School me on GoPro
I'm looking for a GoPro unit. Can someone educate me on a few features? I want a camera that can get in the ocean with me, as well as handle a little depth (up to ~50 feet) I'm not i...

In Photography » School me on GoPro
February 12, 7:29pm

Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
NM.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 12, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm