Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 181 - 190 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

130!
130 liters is huge! What sort of suspension did you make? However you fill that its going to weight quite a bit. Awesome work!

In Make Your Own Gear » North Fork pack first glance.
September 01, 7:52pm

back, and a bit early...
I bailed on day four after suffering quite a bit of foot and joint problemson the second and third days. Unlike many people (it seems) I can't completely run myself into the ground, both the me...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long Trail water availability? and more...
August 26, 10:15am

slight plan change
The pct method looks great, I'll have to try that out. I'm being forced to end a day earlier than I had planned because my dad needs to get to NYC for business, so down to 8 days for the hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long Trail water availability? and more...
August 20, 2:13pm

morning hiking
I'm trying to work out a good daily schedule now. Heat is definitely a consideration, as well as getting to shelters before they fill up, or at least early enough that i can keep going if they ...

August 20, 6:11am

Thanks Man!
Thanks for the detailed reply Thomas. I thru'ed the LT in a normal fashion last summer, pretty much the entirety of july. I need to be at school on Sept. 3rd, and would like to fit the LT int...

August 19, 8:05pm

Long Trail water availability? and more...
I'm planning an 8 to 10 day 'alpine style' attempt soon, schedule permitting. I know its been dry, but has anyone been up there recently and know a bit more about water availability? A...

August 19, 3:44pm

Thanks Art
Super helpful site

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » what makes a record official?
August 19, 5:58am

what makes a record official?
I was reading about Coup's unsupported Long Trail record, and it looks like it could be beaten by a considerable margin. I've also been thinking about trying to do the Long Trail soon. So, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » what makes a record official?
August 18, 8:51pm

email
it seems like the pm's arent getting through, you can email me at wsawyer12(at)choate(dot)edu

In Gear Swap » FS Dana Designs Arcflex Alpine
July 08, 5:21am

pm?
David, did you get my pm?

In Gear Swap » FS Dana Designs Arcflex Alpine
July 06, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm