BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 181 - 190 of 479 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...48

Forum » Thread

30D heat sealable taffeta to make an airpad?
Hey everyone, seattle fabrics has a 30D heat sealable nylon and I was thinking it would be fun to try and make an air pad from it (~11-14oz), and even more fun to make a super warm DAM out of it. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 30D heat sealable taffeta to make an airpad?
July 29, 4:19pm

Re: $ store finds
Umbrellas! When I picked one up around the NY/CT border on the AT it lasted until Manchester Center VT where i picked up another one that was beefier and $1 as well. It still had some life in it, ...

In Multiple Use Gear » $ store finds
July 27, 2:41pm

Source for 2oz/yd WP/B
I was just cruising around looking at materials and found that Quest Outfitters is now carrying a WPB that is 1.95 oz/yd and $11/yd. I assume it is 2 layer and have no clue of the quality. IIRC a l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Source for 2oz/yd WP/B
July 21, 9:04pm

Re: Primaloft One how thick.
my 5oz climashield xp topbag bottoms out around 25* F if i had to pick one number. 133g sounds like it would be a good fit to get to 32* with the addition of clothes if you are an average sleeper. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Primaloft One how thick.
July 21, 7:07pm

Re: Appalachian Trail...
well, im under 400 miles from completing it for 2009 at the moment, but on medical break (some things in my belly arent working right, grrr). I've seen a lot of light packs, light things in hea...

In Gear Lists » Appalachian Trail...
July 14, 6:11pm

Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls
I was taking a break from my thu-hike by fishing in Canada w/ my uncle when we ran into a Marshalls (Minnesota) to use the bathroom. I found several models of Montrail Shoes for $25-30 including 20...

In Gear Deals » Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls
June 17, 3:36pm

Re: Re: Titanium vs Aluminum
I used the $15, 2 oz Snowpeak Ti bowl w/ foi lid for the 1st 900 miles or so of my ongoing AT thru-hike and it worked great until I wanted something bigger (thru-hiker apetite). I moved to the $10 ...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 14, 3:01pm

Mica Review
Hey, I've been hiking with the Mica now for about 900 miles on my AT thru-hike. Im in Duncannon PA at the moment and need to get to the post office soon. Basically, it is really breahtable whe...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
May 09, 9:45am

Re: Marmot Mica
I picked one up at Mountain Crossings a few days ago. Its under 7 oz (large) and the white one has an 80's music video vibe to it's appearance. No rollaway hood, but like most gear nowday...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
March 04, 9:32am

Re: How to pack a frameless pack?
I have always packed my frameless packs with food at the bottom and light stuff on the top. I prefer the low center of gravity. I use 2 vertical stuff sacks on top of my food bag followed, with oth...

In GEAR » How to pack a frameless pack?
February 26, 4:33pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.