BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 181 - 190 of 218 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Video clip showing Valandre Shocking Blue construction
http://www.imagesbleusud.com/video%20site/Tempo%20Valandre3.html This clip is part of a batch of video segments that Valandre is putting together for a future website here in the U.S. I THINK...

In GEAR » Video clip showing Valandre Shocking Blue construction
February 23, 9:16am

Valandre' Bloody Mary now in stock
The Bloody Mary's are now available here in the U.S. for those who may be interested. It has a comfort rating of 20 degrees and an extreme rating of 5 degrees. The girth is quite roomy. I...

In GEAR » Valandre' Bloody Mary now in stock
February 21, 3:43pm

Caldera Keg by AGG
I just received my new Caldera Keg today. I decided to buy one based on the recommendations of the BPL staff here. What a cool setup! I boiled two different pots of water from the tap, (I didn&#...

In GEAR » Caldera Keg by AGG
February 05, 11:58pm

Roof piece on Hilleberg Allak
Gosh, Stephen, your buckle questions might be better answered by Petra. Not sure how they compare with the Staika. I know on the Allak, that the roof covering connects on one side with short ho...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 30, 8:18pm

Valandre'
Since you are not in the U.S. and live overseas, you may also want to consider Valandre bags. I imagine that they are available where you live. They are quite lightweight and use a very high qual...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter sleeping bag
January 27, 10:33pm

Allak
If you like the two doors and the two vestibules, the Allak will hold up to almost any type of winter weather here in the U.S., in my opinion. When the Allak is guided out, it is VERY stable, and ...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 26, 9:07pm

Exped 9 DLX
I have three of them (9 DLX), a 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation. I would be willing to part with either the 1st or 2nd gen if the price was right. They are both in excellent condition.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Exped 9 Downmat DLX
January 25, 4:35pm

Don't forget the Kerlon fabric
Just to be fair, the Akto uses Kerlon fabric, which has been tested to be much stronger than regular fabric. I don't know anyone else that does, so from a fabric point of view, that is a BIG d...

In GEAR » Rip-off by MSR ?
January 11, 12:19am

Re: winter stove recommendation?
The elevation there is 10,000 feet or so, right? Looks like you can expect some very frigid temps. Leave the Jetboil at home. We tried to use Jetboils 2 years ago in zero degree weather and it...

In GEAR » winter stove recommendation?
January 11, 12:08am

Re: winter stove recommendation?
We just returned from a snow shoe overnighter with 7 degree weather, and I took my XGK-EX by MSR. When I want to melt snow and boil water fast in cold weather, I am always grabbing my XGK.

In GEAR » winter stove recommendation?
January 10, 11:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm