BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 181 - 190 of 465 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...47

Forum » Thread

Nah....
My setup works quite well and if I used a dedicated tarp with a beak I'd have to carry dedicated rain gear. I just picked a trail star up for those trips where I wouldn't want to wear a pon...

In GEAR » Beaks on Tarps
January 12, 12:45pm

I hate chaffing!
I hate chaffing. There's just really no polite way to rub people the wrong way.

In Chaff » Chaff Etiquette
January 12, 12:41pm

Size
I tend to have plenty of room for gear without worrying about putting it in front of me. I just want it to stop some of the rain that comes in. One of the guys I was out with was using his pack ...

In GEAR » Beaks on Tarps
January 12, 10:41am

Beaks on Tarps
First off this would be for use with a poncho or cape tarp in a half pyramid pitch. As I was laying awake watching rain and sleet blow in on my bivy a few days ago I got to thinking about a bea...

In GEAR » Beaks on Tarps
January 12, 3:08am

MLD Trailstar
Because it's light, more like a 4 season shelter, relatively cheap, and looks hardcore.

In GEAR » If you could only have one...
January 12, 1:26am

Packs and Bags
I probably have 7 or 8 I guess? I'm particularly weak when it comes to small volume packs... it doesn't help that they're cheap because I just want to buy more. EDIT: Just ordered a ...

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
January 12, 12:01am

Full cuben
I was only thinking that to cut some weight and still have the durability of dyneema on the sides and back for random brush and thorny things. I never got to the point of figuring out if it's f...

In Make Your Own Gear » Snowed In: Modif-ION'd
January 11, 5:23pm

Very nice!
Very nice and very original! I had thought about doing the back panel in cuben if I ever mod mine.

In Make Your Own Gear » Snowed In: Modif-ION'd
January 11, 4:57pm

Buff
I've been using a Buff as a pillow case for my platy and it works well. It doesn't add any warmth (that I can tell) but it changes the texture so you aren't laying on plastic. It absorb...

In Multiple Use Gear » 12.5 x 20 Aloksak As A Pillow
January 11, 3:20pm

Smelly stuff and a few other things
Search youtube for poo or p o o p clinic. The video of Mike that Andrew Skurka posted is rather amusing but also quite insightful (I'd post the link but Youtube is blocked here). Once you ditch...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season List
January 11, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.