Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 181 - 190 of 1214 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: -20 F.
DWR Down doesn't really work with water vapor so freezing condensation would still be an issue (as it is with synth, just synth is easier to dry out) necessitating VBL. Also is WM using hydroph...

In Winter Hiking » IDEAL WINTER BAG AND INSULATING GARMENTS
November 22, 10:45am

Re: Sleeping bag VBL
Quick, easy, and cheap way to test out VBL sleeping. Only drawback is if you use puffy clothing to supplement your sleep system then it will be inside your VBL and accumulate a lot of moisture. You...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping bag VBL
November 22, 9:09am

Re: Brooks-Range Alpini vs. Montbell Alpine Light
The alpini is supposed to have 7.7oz of down while the Alpine Light only has 4.3oz (both 800fp, 7oz and 4oz for non-hooded versions respectively) yet I'm not seeing nearly twice the loft in the...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Alpini vs. Montbell Alpine Light
November 20, 9:56am

Re: tent for Patagonia
March is there fall so weather will be wanting to dip more into polar conditions (ie cold and windy). I'd take the warmlite to be on the safe side and ensure that the more than off-chance of hi...

In GEAR » tent for Patagonia
November 20, 9:21am

Re: Rab Neutrino Down Jacket on Geartrade by Backcountry, size small
I read somewhere (i thin on this forum) that rab's hydrophobic down seems to make a less lofty jacket than before. I was wondering if there was any truth to this...otherwise I might be in the m...

In Gear Deals » Rab Neutrino Down Jacket on Geartrade by Backcountry, size small
November 20, 9:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
Also breathability is not the same as permeability. Breathability is how much moisture can be transported through a membrane in gaseous form, basically a measure of how much it slows down steam dif...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
November 19, 11:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
Pertex Shield is your standard WPB material. Similar to a goretex, eVent or Hyvent. It has a laminate that will block all wind and drastically reduce breathability. You would use it for a rain shel...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
November 19, 11:23am

Re: welded
I just sent in my deadbird gamma mx this weekend. One of the last made in canada with polartec that I wore to death (city life, not backcountry). The hem was welded onto the polartec fleece backing...

In GEAR » Those darn welded seams...
November 18, 3:28pm

Re: Medium
Thanks Jason, but I'm usually a Small or Medium and very much like the medium cut of Montbell. One day I'll get my mirage!

In Gear Swap » FS: NWT Montbell Mirage Parkas
November 18, 10:10am

Re: Alpini- Adam
Don't trust Brooks. Remember the mojave debacle? They fill weight listed was about twice what could realistically be made in a jacket of the measured weights or warmth perceptions. Brooks never...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Alpini Fill Weight
November 16, 12:31am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.