BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 181 - 190 of 1137 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ever wonder why there isn't an aluminum Trangia alcohol burner?
Roger, you're probably right. And if a hole develops in the join, wouldn't that spit out fuel just as they stated?

In GEAR » Ever wonder why there isn't an aluminum Trangia alcohol burner?
August 07, 7:46pm

Re: WTB: Running Shorts
Golite has some running shorts in your size on clearance for $25. They have 5" or 12" inseams available. Nice inner liner. I like mine and would buy more at this price point.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Running Shorts
August 06, 12:46am

Re: Re: Re: I carry a rain jacket in the mountains, even in summer
Leave at home if you feel confident in your ability to maintain warmth while wet (either retreating to your shelter for hours on end, no NEVER stop moving). I've definitely experienced unpre...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 24, 5:04pm

OR Helium II Hood design
So I just experienced record rain in AZ wearing my OR Helium II (3" in an hour or two). I know there's lot of complaints about the hood design not being ideal for severe weather since it l...

In GEAR » OR Helium II Hood design
July 24, 4:40pm

Re: I kind of think the Campbell's stove is the best
25oz for the campbells... check your audience. This is backpacking LIGHT.

In GEAR » CORE Bio Reactor Wood Stove
July 16, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Lightest long garment possible? (For sleeping?)
Doug is on the right path. Maybe just get a silk sheet that you can clip to the inside of your quilt. Easy to remove and wash, should be exceedingly light if you source a low momme fabric. Or just ...

In GEAR » Lightest long garment possible? (For sleeping?)
July 08, 2:24pm

Re: Colorado and the rest of the western 2013 tinderbox
I second following the fire guidelines. In AZ they put up fire bans when the downed logs have low humidity levels. When we had the Wallow fire (largest on state record) the logs on the ground were...

In GEAR » When is an open fire not "open"?
June 30, 7:23pm

Re: Sale
I would get a 20F bag with full baffling like the WM Ultralite (I do own it and love it). This is my reasoning: With a a 45synth bag you are covered for wet summers. When the temp cools down ...

In GEAR » Best 2-bag Sleep System for Deep Winter?
June 27, 2:45pm

Re: Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Q-Shield hydrophobic down and loft
The hooks and barbs on down will stick to each other if compressed for an extended period of time. Think velcro on a microscopic scale. So it takes a longer time to loft (if ever) after heavy and p...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Q-Shield hydrophobic down and loft
June 27, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Backpacking with heavyweighters
+1 what Stephen says. Also I have to agree. When you increase your mileage ability by reducing weight and improving fitness, the "wilderness" does seem to get uncomfortably small. When...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 24, 6:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.