BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 181 - 190 of 1175 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...118

Forum » Thread

Hmm...
I remember this method being a symbol of those truly dedicated to the UL philosophy a few years ago, but notice it's all but entirely disappeared as a technique. I'll go over a few issues w...

In GEAR » Layering strategies for rest/camp using sleeping insulation
November 03, 7:28pm

Re: Re: Durability.
Good point about head wear. I'm a strong believer in laminate fleece protection for my ears (I have a buff with windstopper that I use a fair amount). Full windstopper laminates on the dome (li...

In GEAR » Is there any room for a windproof fleece?
November 03, 12:50am

Talon Vs GG Mariposa volume
So I recently have found myself without a pack (or shelter, sleep system, clothes, etc...thank you Tweaker-Town, AZ). I loved my Talon 44 as a general purpose pack for overnights and climbing tr...

In GEAR » Talon Vs GG Mariposa volume
November 02, 11:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: materials
Why 10d? Why not just reinforce with strips of cuben (ideally a higher weight than .34)? Bond with glue/tape and you maintain the strength where you need it along the hems and ridgeline while light...

In Make Your Own Gear » .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
November 02, 9:18pm

Re: Don't Confuse Max
American? But you have good ol' Mel as an avatar, a guy who was born in NY but grew up in Australia (and has aussie parents). Now you're confusing me, Max! As for windproof fleece. I nix...

In GEAR » Is there any room for a windproof fleece?
November 02, 9:04pm

Re: Baggie Pants
I wear arc'teryx rampart pants and have been very impressed with them. The fabric they use is a very light but dense weave nylon that has a stiffness to it (crinkly as opposed to a nice drape)....

In GEAR » Bushwacking clothes "accessories"?
October 31, 2:30am

Re: a different kind of VBL?
R value is around 1.13 times the clo. To clarify, 1clo=1.13R (US if I remember correctly, but maybe SI?). so As for the VBL idea, it should work. However you would be limited to to only wearing...

In GEAR » a different kind of VBL?
October 31, 2:16am

Re: But what does it mean?
+1 Roger! Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to!

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
October 30, 1:58am

Re: Re: CO Plateau
Ah, well as a road warrior it depends on your route. If you come through Flagstaff to PHX, I highly recommend going through Oak Creek/Sedona. Lots of switchbacks and an amazingly beautiful canyon. ...

In GEAR » Should I Carry a Stove in the Southwest?
October 28, 1:17pm

Re: REI Kimtah eVent pants
REI Doesn't sell the kimtah pants anymore, but have replaced them with the Telus. They also sell the Acme pant which is a great Schoeller Dryskin pant with nanosphere DWR. I see it on sale r...

In GEAR » Backpacking snow shell pants
October 28, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.