Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 181 - 190 of 1224 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Flash 45
REI responds to customer feedback, for better or for worse. They recently redesigned the Flash 62/52 models because the prior versions were not well received by the consumer at large. Basically the...

In Gear Deals » REI Flash Packs
November 29, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
Search for Tyvek on amazon. You can buy it by the yard for a few bucks or premade ground sheets for a little more.

In Winter Hiking » Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
November 29, 7:33pm

Re: Layering question
It depends on the sizing of your thermawrap. If it's sized as a belay piece (ie a little big) you should be ok. The biggest issue is the UL parka has so little down in it to start that it doesn...

In GEAR » Layering question
November 29, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Winter footwear
Yep, they're probably just banking on the "seam sealed" distinction of full waterproof and water resistant garments. In other words ice won't penetrate the unsealed seams of the m...

In GEAR » Winter footwear
November 29, 3:32pm

Re: American Alpine Institute
Basegear.com has all neoairs at 25% off (along with a lot of other stuff like patagonia cap 4 hoodies). Never done business with them but hopefully my impending experience will be good!

In GEAR » Best prices on NeoAir Xlites?
November 29, 11:56am

REI Flash Packs
REI flash packs are on pretty good discount for black friday. The 18 is a great general purpose pack for town or day hikes and is going for $20 (MSRP $35). Beyond that the Flash 45, Womens 52, and ...

In Gear Deals » REI Flash Packs
November 29, 11:33am

Re: Re: WTB: Camp Corsa Axe
REI online had the corsa for ~$90 for months but looks like htey finally sold off warehouse inventory or pulled the product. One of these days I'll have the money for these deals and just buy t...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Camp Corsa Axe
November 26, 10:01pm

Re: Down jacket insulation
No idea, but what I do to guesstimate (and it's totally arbitrary) is to look at the total weight of the jacket and assume it has roughly half the down of a premium class jacket (like a Montbel...

In GEAR » Down jacket insulation
November 26, 9:54pm

lol
It's gone now, right.after I just convinced myself that I should grab it! Maybe next time lol.

In Gear Deals » Rab Neutrino Down Jacket on Geartrade by Backcountry, size small
November 25, 2:30pm

Re: Sales
Paul is right. Black Friday for outdoor gear usually nets you the usual 20% off most major brands, maybe a little more at local gear shops trying to compete with the internet. In january though is ...

In GEAR » The holiday season approaches....
November 23, 12:01am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.