BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 181 - 190 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Missing link
Thanks for the link. For some reason the site's seach doesn't generate a hit on that page when searching for ibex. So, I can assume that Climawool version of the Icefall (the Neve) must be a bi...

In GEAR » Winter Clothing Systems Question
January 15, 11:56am

What about Ibex's Climawool?
Now that I have re-read the winter guide, I realized that Malden Mill's Powershield is mentioned (Arc'Teryx Gamma MX) as an option only when extreme conditions are present (or when less physical ac...

January 14, 7:21am

IceFloe == Schoeller Dryskin
The Cloudveil IceFloe (recomended by bpl.com) is Schoeller Dryskin. So, obviously Dryskin is an option. Though, I believe, the Cloudveil Prospector (also recomended by bpl.com) is made with Clo...

January 12, 2:03pm

You can rent...
If you going on a single trip, consider renting. I believe you can rent any/all of the canisters for as little as $3/day.

In GEAR » Bear Containers...
January 12, 1:58pm

Malden Mills for snowshoeing softshell?
I'm going snowshoeing (sleeping under Megamids) in NW Michigan next month (Feb) for 3 days (normal 20F hi, 8F lo). And have been trying to determine what gear I need to purchase, or even make, bef...

January 12, 9:30am

Altitude with GPS...
I'm not sure I understand the aversion to using the altitude provided by the GPS. While it may be 50% less accurate than the location signal. Do the few feet make that much of a difference? Ex...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight GPS / Mapping Software Navigation Systems
December 20, 11:54am

tarp color
Did she forgot to test color? Seems like tarp color could make a difference in amount of radiant heat loss leading to more, or less. condinsation. Seems like I remember reading that light (whit...

In Editor's Roundtable » Condensation in Ultralight Shelter Systems
December 12, 6:51pm

Only $100 at Galyan's
The Infinity was only $100 at Galyan's this past weekend in Columbus, OH. They say they are "going out of business", but they are really dumping everything before they "convert" into a Dick's.

In Gear Deals » Retail Deals (LEGACY POSTS FROM OLD FORUMS)
December 09, 12:07pm

Re: Re: torso length...
The pack did tend to pull away all the time. I always felt like I needed to tighten the shoulder straps throughout the hike. Part of this is due to the fact that the pack is rather deep. Which i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Frameless Backpack Suspension Systems
November 22, 3:52pm

Re: Re: torso length...
>>> I have a 18.5" torso measure ALONG THE SPINE (IOW, not projected to a parallel surface). >>Which means that it's probably a little longer when projected. Isn't this backwar...

In Editor's Roundtable » Frameless Backpack Suspension Systems
November 22, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.