BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 181 - 190 of 374 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Another vote for STP
Hi-tec vlite 2 from big 5 for $50. Uses your trekking pole and weighs 2.5lbs. (after you ditch the included pole and carry bag) About as light as some much more expensive cottage brands. Just seam ...

In GEAR » Good Value in 2-Person Tent?
April 07, 9:23pm

Re: Hooded insulation cons/pros?
Personally, I find a hood adds a huge amount of warmth. Also, you can use it in conjunction with a quilt to get that mummy bag feel.

In GEAR » Hooded insulation cons/pros?
April 04, 2:39pm

Re: Ribbed Foster pot
replaced my caldera cone fosters with a 2 cup pot and 1 cup mug from zilph. I like 'm.

In GEAR » Heineken Keg Can Pot
April 04, 12:42pm

Re: Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
Look into Mineral King. This was the last trip my wife and I did, and it has probably been my favorite trip so far. Plenty of lakes, and the loop we did was 3days, 2nights. but you could easily do ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
April 04, 7:34am

Re: fruit leather
On you Toast! And fruit! Every morning my wife and I have a small bowl of chopped fruit with honey drizzled over it, one egg, and one slice of toast with butter, honey, and cinnamon. Also, I don...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Honey
April 02, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
I sweat the same amount, the difference is I'm not as wet with a mesh backed trampoline frame, because the sweat has a chance to evaporate. With a solid material pressed against my back, I hate...

In GEAR » Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
April 02, 3:16pm

Re: Really
Lol, I'm gonna agree with Greg, you are being completely unreasonable.

In GEAR » You stink, Nalgene!
April 01, 2:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Plastic Cook Pots: bad for you and environment?
"As plastic is an a good insulator, won't the outside of the plastic bottle melt/burn/give off toxic fumes?" I wasn't promoting the use of plastic pots on a regular basis, just...

In GEAR » Will an Aluminum Cook Pot work with a Wood Burning Stove?
March 30, 1:09pm

Re: eureka spitfire and solitaire
For the price, there are probably better cottage offerings as others have stated. If however you are looking to go cheap until you can afford your dream tent, look into the hi-tec vlite. I just ...

In GEAR » eureka spitfire and solitaire
March 30, 9:00am

Re: Will an Aluminum Cook Pot work with a Wood Burning Stove?
"Does the cold water in the pot being brought to a boil or the food being cooked act as a heat sink to avoid a catastrophic failure of the cookpot / IMUSA mug?" Short answer: YES. I...

In GEAR » Will an Aluminum Cook Pot work with a Wood Burning Stove?
March 30, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.