BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 181 - 190 of 460 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...46

Forum » Thread

They controlled for that stuff
They controlled for smoking, obsesity, etc. Read the whole paper before commenting, please.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 10:48am

Confirmation bias part, II
Since I posted about confirmation bias a couple of hours ago, there have been at least 5 more posts that prove my point (Luke, that includes you since there's plenty of evidence that red meat i...

March 13, 10:23am

The study
Here's the link to the study. Skeptics can see it for themselves: http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/archinternmed.2011.2287 As for Luke's questions: 1. Did they adjust for...

March 13, 9:05am

Re: Confirmation bias
"True on both sides." Show me a study that eating read meat extends lifespan, and I will be open to it.

March 13, 7:52am

Confirmation bias
I love these kinds of discussion threads because they exhibit one of the most interesting psychological traits that people show: confirmation bias. Basically, when people have a belief, they tend ...

March 13, 7:42am

Hayduke Trail?
You could do a section or two of the Hayduke Trail (http://hayduketrail.org/). I don't have the guidebook in front of me, but I'm sure you could find something that's 75-100 miles betw...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 75-100 mile Southern Utah trips?
March 12, 6:25am

PM Sent
I'm interested. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS - NEW - LEKI Corklite AERGON SpeedLock Poles (pair)
March 11, 12:48pm

sock liners + trail runners
Sock liners + my trail runners are all I wear for hiking from spring through fall, even for long-distance hikes. I can only think of two drawbacks of wearing liners as socks: your feet might get d...

In GEAR » sock liners + trail runners
March 09, 12:40pm

Pepper Spray v.s. Mountain Lions
My understanding is that mountain lions generally attack from behind (they aim first for the back of the neck so they can paralyze their pray). I doubt that pepper spray will do you much good if a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pepper Spray v.s. Mountain Lions
March 09, 10:21am

Instep crampons
I have some cheap instep crampons, and while they will keep you from falling on ice-covered trail, I wouldn't want to use them for a long backpacking trip. With only one strap, slippage is a p...

In GEAR » Anyone tried these weird baby crampons?
March 09, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm