Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 181 - 190 of 478 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...48

Forum » Thread

Yama
I saw that one--and it might be what I'm looking for--but I don't think that they're making it anymore. There's a message on the front page that they've shifted to DIY support ...

In GEAR » Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
March 30, 1:04pm

Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
My girlfriend and I are planning a CDT thru-hike for next year, and we’re looking for a shelter. Specifically, I want: - a tarp with a separate bug net - 360° protection; somet...

In GEAR » Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
March 30, 12:48pm

Wow!
That is cheap--already ordered my umbrella. Thanks for the heads up.

In Gear Deals » GoLite rainwear - additional 25% off
March 29, 2:20pm

Fox "News"
That Frontline special looks good. On a related note, several surveys now have shown that Fox News viewers are terribly misinformed about current events. For instance, all of the following beli...

In Chaff » PBS Front Line story about Rupert Murdoch Scandal
March 28, 12:19pm

Houdini
I have a Houdini, and even though it's breathable, it traps a lot of heat. I only run in my Houdini when it's colder than 40 or so, and even down into the 30s I sometimes leave it home if ...

In GEAR » Running in a Houdini(or any windshield)
March 27, 3:18pm

Aqua Mira
I used Aqua Mira for the entire PCT and would absolutely do so again. It's light, there's zero chance of failure (unlike with a filter or steripen), and you should be able to buy it on the...

In GEAR » Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
March 27, 3:12pm

Toxicity?
Does anyone know what's in this stuff? The old (pre-2000) version of Scotchgard, another water repellent, turned out to have a toxic chemical that accumulated in people's bodies (the versi...

In GEAR » Anyone hear when 'Never Wet' is due to hit the market?
March 27, 12:13pm

Re: Flawed
Great post, Dustin. One more thing on equating "efficient" and "natural": Some folks like to argue that barefoot is better because our ancestors evolved walking barefoot (or...

In GEAR » new study on running shoes
March 23, 2:13pm

@Roger
See my post above. Previous research has shown zero difference in mechanical and physiological measures of running in sucks and barefoot. Since people don't seem to have the subscription, h...

March 22, 6:11pm

re: @Barry
Barry, check the link in my last post. Those guys compared about a dozen different measures of running performance in barefoot and sock-clad runners and found no difference.

March 22, 1:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm