Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 181 - 190 of 1395 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: Soul Poles- eco friendly Bamboo Ski and Trekking poles
Holy crap that's expensive.

In GEAR » Soul Poles- eco friendly Bamboo Ski and Trekking poles
March 06, 6:36am

Re: BPA is back...
Link: http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/tritan-certichem-eastman-bpa-free-plastic-safe So does this mean holding onto my old Nalgenes wasn't the most terrible idea in the world ...

In On the Web » Plastic numbers guide
March 05, 3:47pm

Re: Can't stop changing gear?
Do you take notes? I did this a lot at first but as I figured out what worked, it tapered off.

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 7:26am

Re: route
This and your last 2-3 recent trip reports have been very enjoyable. :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park
March 04, 9:41am

Re: Obamacare
I don't know about insurance, but there WAS a letter in my hometown paper the other day complaining about how many thousands of dollars this guy had paid in tickets for not wearing a seatbelt. ...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
March 04, 6:31am

Re: Re: How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
+1, Stephen. It's very easy to get lost in contemplation, provided you aren't uncomfortably chilled.

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 02, 2:16pm

Re: Pit Zips are only for those qualified to use them.
Erik, that's unnecessarily snide. Knowing when to ventilate and how operate a zipper is a different issue than ease of use of conventionally located pit zips. I think the design sucks. If I hav...

In GEAR » The crappiness of pit zips
March 02, 12:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Should a rain jacket always be high visibility?
Muted colors are fine by me. I like primary colors too, but not neon ones. When you buy on clearance and second hand you sometimes don't get much of a choice for colors, though. So far I've...

In GEAR » Shouldn't a rain jacket ALWAYS be high visibility?
March 02, 11:59am

Landscape art
Don't know if this will be to anyone's taste, but I ran across this guy on another forum and thought I would share. I kinda like the foresty ones with the fog, but I am no art critic. ht...

In On the Web » Landscape art
March 02, 9:39am

Russia escalates
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26403996

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
March 01, 8:23pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.