BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 181 - 190 of 1105 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...111

Forum » Thread

inReach SE
>> It says ~100 hours on one set of batteries << Unfortunately, the batteries are built in so you have to charge them (you can't replace them). It charges via USB so a small ba...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
July 14, 7:57pm

Why we hike....
Because the best fishing spots don't have roads near them... come to think of it... the best fishing spots don't even have trails near them! :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Why we hike....
July 14, 1:07am

What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
I was day hiking a fishing trail and came across a couple of young guys that had backpacked in and set up camp right on one of my favorite fishing spots. I stopped and chatted with them for a few ...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 11:19am

Personal Locator Beacons...
>> Tracking is an option with the Spot - or the Inreach - but plenty of us don't see value in it.<< I really had to think about the value of tracking when I signed on for my inRe...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 03, 4:38pm

Bob - I agree with you about the antennae and software being the key. The signals that any GPS receiver pulls in from the satellites is weak at best. It's all about how the software interpola...

July 03, 3:07pm

unscented body wipes?"
Just because humans can't smell unscented wipes doesn't mean the bears can't.

In GEAR » unscented body wipes?
July 03, 12:36pm

GPS Reception...
>> Not sure why you think the logic is arbitrary - seems pretty simple really. TRACK & OK require a GPS fix, HELP & 911 don't. << I see it differently than you do... why ...

July 03, 12:29pm

Bob - Regarding holding the Spot Connect in my hand and watching the red light... The Spot has a light that indicates whether or not it has a GPS fix. Red is obviously bad. The problem is ...

July 03, 9:27am

Spot issues definitely weren't just user error...
My poor experiences with the Spot Connect was not related to user error although Spot customer service tried to blame me even though I was able to show them exactly where it went wrong (and it cert...

July 03, 1:46am

>> Further, if there is a work emergency they can text me and I can leave earlier << That's the one I'd definitely ignore. :) I like the idea that I can ask somebody for a...

July 02, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm