BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 181 - 190 of 679 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...68

Forum » Thread

fair enough
fair enough, if this seems to be a reoccurring problem. I though they were crediting you, not offering you a discount. I was just surprised, since they replaced my stove upon inspection, and gladly...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 08, 9:58pm

thanks
Thanks guys. I'm going to give the dromilite a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Dave, thanks thats what I was looking for. Enjoy the southwest. If the stars aline I'll be down t...

In GEAR » Dromedary Hydration
October 08, 9:15pm

good customer service
Jetboil went out of there way to help me with an issue I had with my stove. The replaced it for free, with the updated version. Then when my old pot didn't lock with the new stove, they quickly...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 08, 9:11pm

down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
Getting my gear rounded out for more winter trips. I'd like to get a pair of puffy pants for camp, wearing on the move when its frigid and for emergency use. I need them to be full zip so I...

In GEAR » down vs. synthetic insulated pants for winter
October 08, 8:57pm

Dromedary Hydration
There's a lot of reasons not to carry a hydration bladder, and from what I can tell few of us here do. But I must say I've been consistently jealous of my climbing and skiing partners w...

In GEAR » Dromedary Hydration
October 07, 11:49pm

DAS
I found a pretty good deal on DAS pants at I believe O2 gear shop, and I ordered the M and L to try on. i'll let you know how they fit. If only for camp and sleeping, I think a super light down...

In GEAR » OR Neoplume vs Pat DAS Pants
October 05, 11:52pm

Re: Re: Burn
+1 what javan said about the mesh based on experience with the GG gorilla and MLD burn. Burn mesh got holes after not using it that long, Gorilla, no holes for a long time, until I started using it...

In GEAR » GG Kumo Vs MLD Burn
October 05, 2:46am

lofty
Hi Rick, sorry I don't have a ruler handy. I can tell you that if there is a weakness of this jacket its that compared to the rest of it, the part where the torso meets the sleeves (i.e. should...

In Gear Deals » Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
October 05, 1:14am

Re: re: stovejack
Thanks Dave, I'll probably drop you a line when I start brainstorming more about it. For this winter I'm first going to invest in going full michelin for camp comfort. Got good deals on the...

In GEAR » Winter Shelters: MSR Twin Sisters?
October 04, 11:27pm

design
zpacks = so dialed

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
October 04, 2:10am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am