BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 181 - 190 of 647 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...65

Forum » Thread

gore pro
Hey Daniel, check that link I posted: "The updated Alpha FL Jacket is made completely from the new breathable yet durable three layer Gore-Tex Pro material. The 310g jacket features a trim fit...

In GEAR » Ultralight dream clothing, what would you buy
September 03, 11:46pm

xtherm
this is why although I'm continually tempted to shave the 8oz for an xlite torso, that I've stuck with the full lenth neo air xtherm as my all season pad. Even with a 40 degree quilt in spr...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 1:37am

arc or westcomb
considering the demand is discontinued, I'd take a look at the westcomb shift, of if you're not in a rush, wait till spring when arc teryx comes out with their new goretex pro Alpha FL jack...

September 03, 12:47am

outsider win
Yeah, I'm impressed by all of those feats. I think I just get a kick out of Maune's outsider status and how naiive he was going in, not to mention the 26 lb pack. I love the feeling of ...

In GEAR » a good fastpack?
September 03, 12:20am

xlite
unless you really need the money or don't like the xlite, I'd keep it. Its def more comfortable than a CCF. Like craig was saying, if you want to invest the extra time each night to find a ...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 12:00am

Maune Tangent
"The only reason that the definition becomes important is in the requirements of the pack." Well put, Malto. "Ultimate direction: PB adventure vest. With the thoughtful select...

September 02, 3:42am

PNW
I'd agree with jerry that in the PNW its worth having a nice 3 layer wp/b like event or neoshell. I've worn my rab demand in all day rain, up over passes etc. & stayed dry. I will add t...

September 01, 2:19pm

definitions
I'm more interested in finding this pack than defining a term, but here's my take on it. It makes more sense as description for multi-day runs, because it refers to a different type of acti...

September 01, 1:15am

Re: Re: Re: a good fastpack?
Thanks guys. I've owned a burn, and for the same reasons you mentioned, its probably the most comfortable traditional style pack I've run in. I still had to use the 'late for the bus...

September 01, 1:09am

a good fastpack?
I know that phrase has somehow become contentious, but whatever. I think of fastpacking as lightweight multiday trips with a significant amount of running. Anyone own anything they're happy wit...

August 31, 1:31am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am