BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 181 - 190 of 616 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...62

Forum » Thread

totally reasonable
I agree, its totally reasonable. That said, I'll probably shop there less. I generally waited for the %20 off sale at REI to make bigger purchases on things I wasn't totally confident w...

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
June 04, 1:40am

have less, be more
There's definitely benefits to specialized gear for each sport or trip type, but there's also a lot of satisfaction in using a simple, dialed in kit. Putting together an effective gear/clot...

In GEAR » How many packs and shelters is too many?
May 30, 2:37am

infinity
I've been very happy with my infinity. Its quite warm for the weight and it packs down small. The hood is minimalist perfection. Somehow it fits great with or without a helmut, with no adjustme...

In GEAR » RAB Infinity vs OR Incandescent
May 29, 12:25am

also
...meant to add something constructive too: http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/ is good for general alpinism and gear nerdery. http://cascadeclimbers.com/ is a good online forum as wel...

In GEAR » climbing chat room?
May 28, 11:49pm

mp
If you are new to climbing, don't take mountain project as representative of the climbing community. Unfortunately, along with an abundance of useful info, MP has more than its share snickering...

In GEAR » climbing chat room?
May 28, 10:54pm

hood
I've got a sawatch and a chisos as well. I don't think you can go wrong with an integrated down hood. I think its like .5 extra oz on the ghost whisperer, which seems well worth it to me. I...

In GEAR » Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
May 23, 9:30pm

questions
do you know how much it weighs? Also, has it been compressed a lot in a pack? Thanks

In Gear Swap » Dirtbagger Patagonia Micropuff Pullover Mens M - L
May 23, 12:12am

bump
I am showing my cards: full-on gram weenie, here.

In Gear Swap » wtb: MB ex light vest (or other sub 4oz, size L)
May 22, 11:34pm

sizing
you could probably make it work even if you're my height considering you don't need to transfer the weight to your hips. The issue that I was having was with a full multi-day load, there wa...

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 11:58pm

fastpacking
'better' depends on you use. For hiking, it wont make a big difference but the whole point of this pack is to provide a stable ride while moving fast. The strap system is way different than...

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am