BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 181 - 190 of 1288 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Powdered coconut milk and thai/indian dishes
Yeah, I've been cooking with curries. I buy any kind that says to add coconut milk. I have brought coconut manna with me for this. I recently purchased coconut cream powder but haven't trie...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Powdered coconut milk and thai/indian dishes
August 19, 4:12pm

Re: real meat?
I used grass-fed tallow for my pemmican, but purchased lean grocery store meat. It just lacked much in the way of flavor so was a little hard to eat. It left me feeling good after eating it. I j...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Coconut pemmican and any other pemmican ideas?
August 12, 6:06pm

Re: leg cramps
I've taken Magnesium Citrate capsules, about 400mg total, and that has helped me with leg cramps in my regular, non-backpacking life. It can also help you sleep and keep you regular.

In Philosophy & Technique » Leg Cramps
August 12, 5:58pm

Re: Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
After hiking through clear-cuts owned by Kimberly-Clark, I think the TP should be returned to the forest. But it shouldn't be left lying around as an eyesore.

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 12, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Is four ounces worth it? Losing your glasses
Somebody is going to find a penny whistle in the Winds someday, somewhere near Titcomb Lake. Key of Eb.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is four ounces worth it? Losing your glasses
August 12, 5:47pm

Re: About dehydrated entrees -- bacteria and safety and stuff
1) Temperature and/or spoilage control If you are cutting strips of meat the meat is sterile inside. This is why cutting strips is preferred to using ground beef. If you dry ground beef, you sho...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » About dehydrated entrees -- bacteria and safety and stuff
August 07, 5:01pm

Re: Moving to CA
Why not So Cal? You should just come to California and spend a little time seeing the entire thing, including So Cal. I'd say the region between Oxnard/Thousand Oaks and Paso Robles is the best...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to CA!!!
August 07, 4:47pm

Re: campfire protocols...
The fire should be DEAD out. That means you can stick your hand in it. I have packed in full-sized shovels to backcountry campsites in order to make putting the fire completely out easier for peopl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » campfire protocols...
August 07, 4:39pm

Re: Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
I realize this is an ancient thread, but you can hike to and from VVR and skip paying for the boat ride if money is a concern (and time isn't.) It's a long hike though. I did a section h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
August 06, 4:50pm

Re: re SoCal
You could also hike up to the Fishbowls from the Piedras Blancas trailhead in the Sespe Wilderness. The Fishbowls are deep rock pools in a creek. You can jump in. Lots of nice trees, too. Probably ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help! Trips in two days in SoCal!! Need location!!
August 06, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.