Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 181 - 190 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Coconut oil as a firestarter
Coconut oil is awesome but I haven't figured out a good way to carry it. When melted it seems to know how to get out of any container, and it's too solid sometimes to put in a squeeze tube ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Coconut oil as a firestarter
April 27, 9:17am

Re: Re: How are your visualization skills? Bed-top netting without poles?
My poles were advertised as 125cm which according to google is 49" so I guess they will work. It's a little windy so I will try this sometime this week if I can find something to use for s...

In Make Your Own Gear » How are your visualization skills? Bed-top netting without poles?
April 26, 6:50pm

Re: Re: How are your visualization skills? Bed-top netting without poles?
According to this page that sells it (I've had this thing for a couple decades) http://www.longroad.com/products/The-Skeeter-Defeater.html 34″ Width x 34″ Height x 73″ Length (86c...

In Make Your Own Gear » How are your visualization skills? Bed-top netting without poles?
April 26, 4:58pm

How are your visualization skills? Bed-top netting without poles?
I have this bed-top mosquito net. Before I learned how to do UL backpacking, this was my only tent. With the poles it weighs 1 pound. The poles are most of the weight. They are solid fiberglass...

April 26, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Huge earthquake in Nepal
So much damage to the world heritage sites, too. It's such a terrible thing that has happened. I visited Nepal in 1999.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Huge earthquake in Nepal
April 25, 6:12pm

Re: Nutritional composition
I ate way worse than that on my PCT hike and did fine.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nutritional composition
April 24, 4:26pm

Re: Re: #1 complaint about packing
> Piper! Holy crap! Or.... Holy pee. I had a tupperware I was using for midnight pee but I learned that plastic may crack and break. You can wash a pot easily. It's very hard to wash you...

In Philosophy & Technique » #1 complaint about packing
April 24, 4:23pm

Re: #1 complaint about packing
> A pee bottle, try it, you'll like it. I've peed in my cook pot. Probably not that hygienic but I swear the pee really dissolves burnt on pasta.

April 19, 6:10pm

Re: #1 complaint about packing
I just shove my bag into the bottom of my pack. The only thing hard about that is the initial getting out of its warmth and into the cold morning part.

April 19, 2:26pm

Re: Re: Down / synthetic
In Kauai two of us shared one 45 degree sleeping quilt and I had a bivy. I slept in the bivy with a corner of the quilt.

In GEAR » Is it even possible to stay dry in a rain forest? Should I just give up?
April 19, 2:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.