BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 181 - 190 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Need cold storage Help
It does seem odd that you would have to pump and store the milk for 4 days when her body can make milk on demand. But if you can reduce the amount of time for storage, you could try storing the mil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need cold storage Help
April 02, 12:01pm

Re: Minimalist shoes and through hiking,
There's a lady who has hiked the AT and much of the So Cal section of the PCT wearing Crocs. I have hiked in Crocs. I wouldn't wear them over Mather Pass, but for general trail hiking they ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Minimalist shoes and through hiking.
April 02, 11:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CA Campfire Permit
I was issued a permit this weekend by a Volunteer Wilderness Ranger. Of course, he just happened to be joining me on my own personal trip. I let him issue me the permit so that the trip counted as ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 02, 11:46am

Re: Re: 24 Photo Essay: Gene Marshall Trail, Ventura, CA Backcountry
Oh so pretty. I was there in November and saw that same bear carcass, only it was a little bit fresher. There wasn't much of it there, but it still smelled like meat and the gums on the skull w...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Photo Essay: Gene Marshall Trail, Ventura, CA Backcountry
April 02, 11:42am

Re: Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, and Paleo circa 1978
Yes, we all survived the trip. Maybe not so much fun as it might have been with better weather, but anytime I can get out there is a good time. Loved the 1978 food pic. And the pictures of the c...

In Post-Trip Reports » Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
April 02, 7:39am

Re: hiking keto
Hey Daniel, awesome you have such good results. I feel similarly. I get this limitless energy. It just feels so completely different from the way things used to be. Harald, I'm going to have...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
April 01, 6:17pm

Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
Friday March 30 to Sunday April 2 I hiked in the San Rafael Wilderness near Santa Barbara with my boyfriend and another friend. I set off alone at the beginning. I brought mostly low-carb paleo foo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Whiteledge, Hurricane Deck, Lost Valley Trail with paleo food
April 01, 6:10pm

Re: Spoons
I've broken a lot of plastic spoons, too. But I keep using them. Lighter and better: Polycro ground sheet. Does the job. Cheap. Takes up little room in the pack. You get 2 when you order 1. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter and (in my opinion) better
March 29, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Re: How you look when you go backpacking...
This has been a fun thread. I'm sorry I was away from BP Light for so long as to miss the fun. Hiker fashion is very important to me. Unfortunately, I have none of the fashion accessories th...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 29, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
I am going on a trip this weekend. I haven't shopped for food yet, but I have a freezer full of US Wellness Pemmican. I eat carbs daily but not a lot. Under 100g for sure. I don't want to g...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
March 29, 1:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.