BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 181 - 190 of 4382 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...439

Forum » Thread

Re: Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
Thank you Diane! :-) Methinks you just gave me a blog post idea too! So yes, I cook and dry quinoa at home - then you can use it for the bulgur or couscous - once cooked and dried it is instant ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
December 30, 8:54pm

Re: Why?
It is funny how generational things are: My In-Laws were social drinkers, in the 60-80's everyone who was an adult drank it seemed. My In-Laws thought we were a bit off when we didn't se...

In Chaff » Marijuana use amongst teens.
December 20, 2:26pm

Re: Marijuana use amongst teens.
And PS: I feel so *&^%$$* old looking at those kids. They look like they are boys, not men. Yeah, I am old :-(

December 19, 10:52pm

Re: Why?
With how lax weed is here - in Wa - I still don't want to see my kids toking up anytime soon. I smoked a lot of weed when young. Not once in the past 17 or so years have I missed it. It mad...

December 19, 10:51pm

Re: A list of HIGHLY entertaining movies
My favorite cheesy, campy film of all time? For most people they will want to break the TV :-D Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club starring the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton as brothers. http://...

In Chaff » A list of HIGHLY entertaining movies
December 17, 9:56am

Re: Red Dawn
Red Dawn is classic. If anyone here even whispers they liked the remake of it, I'll come over personally and smack them senseless ;-)

In Chaff » A list of HIGHLY entertaining movies
December 17, 9:48am

Re: Re: Winter Comfort Food
Cut it thin and smear with butter ;-) Hehheh!!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 13, 10:38pm

Re: Thanks.
:-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Wanna Get Fat? I kid! Or Maybe Not......
December 13, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Butter
Yep, just carry the real thing!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
December 13, 11:55am

Re: Freezer bag cooking.
OK, that was good!

In Chaff » Freezer bag cooking.
December 12, 11:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm