BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 181 - 190 of 1359 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...136

Forum » Thread

Conversion from Military Heavweight Backpacker to an Ultralight Enthusiat
Lachlan, I don't know why I remembered this, but take a look at the first photo in the post-trip thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.htm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Conversion from Military Heavweight Backpacker to an Ultralight Enthusiat
September 04, 11:25am

RAB Momentum replacement
Daniel, That campsaver link I gave in the other thread has a medium listed in "zest" color which is a green shade and is on sale for 195.00. Expensive for a jacket in general, but not ...

In GEAR » RAB Momentum replacement
September 04, 11:12am

Ultralight dream clothing, what would you buy
If you are looking for a 3-layer eVent jacket, the 12 oz Rab Momentum is pretty nice. I bought one last year on clearance and haven't yet worn it hiking but I'd take it to North Cascades or...

In GEAR » Ultralight dream clothing, what would you buy
September 02, 6:33pm

platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
I think the word "sink" maybe was wrong. I can't really fit things inside to wash, so much as its a little bit of water you can dip a bandana into or pour over your hands when washing...

In Make Your Own Gear » platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
September 02, 2:52pm

platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
I had one that I cut at an angle but like better a Nalgene cantene that I cut straight across. I think I pour from the seam w/o any trouble but I'll have to try it at home to double-check. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
September 01, 6:36pm

JMT in a Week
Thanks for posting the gear lists for your impressive trip. Manfred, I have a general question. I added this year a button-down L/S sun shirt, similar to what you wore on your trip. I haven'...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in a Week
September 01, 12:14am

BearVault lids
It is only the lids that changed when BearVault added a second black tab a few inches around the lid from the first. The body of the BV are the same and don't need to be discarded. I think one ...

In GEAR » Bearikade
August 31, 6:13pm

The Enchantments Day Hike
Good luck, Ian. Sounds like fun (brutal but fun) but I don't think I can swing it from Portland. Are you going all the way through the Enchantments, exiting at Snow Lakes? Edit: nm, I see yo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The Enchantments Day Hike
August 31, 6:01pm

JMT in a Week
Guys, that is very impressive. How about gear lists from you two?

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in a Week
August 27, 1:33pm

There's no basement in the Alamo
I grew up in Arkansas on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border. There are two National Scenic Trails running roughly east-west in the NE part of the state. The Ouachita National Recreation Trail: http:/...

In Pre-Trip Planning » texas
August 27, 12:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.