BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 181 - 190 of 807 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: i've always really liked this bag
Richard, I spoke with them about this (drawcord) and, if I remember correctly, was told they would. I don't remember why I chose not to though. Perhaps it was more $ than I wanted to spend, ...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
February 26, 3:51pm

Re: Nice bag!
Thanks, Stephen & Katy. Re FF custom work, yes, I agree. Also, I don't know if I caught them at a slow time or what but they had it to me within 2 wks. Re the ounces of fill, I'...

February 26, 1:23pm

Re: Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo
Thanks, Raymond. Pretty stoked to try it out. Took me two or more yrs to figure a bag out. My Summerlite just wasn't warm enough for my needs...and I was tired of getting lost in the hood of th...

February 26, 9:10am

Re: Kids bag!
Yeah, I hear ya, Dan! My first, very own, bag was a rectangular, hoodless, synthetic thing with duck print flannel inside and a heavy cotton like shell. It weighs over 7 lbs...as much as my entire ...

In Gear Swap » New Brooks Range Elephant Foot 15 deg zipperless UL sleeping bag
February 25, 9:01am

Re: foot
Is it baffled or sewn through? Is there a draw cord around the circumference? (I'm thinking this could be a great kids bag if it could be drawn up around their neck for a seal)

In Gear Swap » New Brooks Range Elephant Foot 15 deg zipperless UL sleeping bag
February 23, 9:49am

Re: vireo
It's a standard 74" Vireo UL that I asked to be overfilled.

February 22, 8:31am

Re: zip
Correct, Jason. No zip. Took me a long time to rationalize going this route. It came down to realizing that I rarely used the zip in my bag for anything more than ease of ingress/egress. Getting in...

February 22, 7:24am

Re: Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
Thanks for all the info, guys. The additional knives mentioned look good....particularly that kershaw Mini Skinner. Looks super practical/useful. Still, even with its obvious shortcomings, I'm ...

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
February 21, 9:49pm

Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
The goal was to have 20 degree bag that weighed 20 oz. Feathered Friends came through, plus some. The loft was totally unexpected...and a nice surprise. It varies from 6.25 near the head to 6.5...

February 21, 7:13pm

Re: Hartsook
Wow! Lighter than I would have guessed. It gets more appealing all the time......though the Boker Grasshopper does look more comfortable and useable to me. Any way, thanks, Dan!

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
February 21, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.