BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Presence
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 181 - 190 of 788 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...79

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Sorting out the good stuff
David, I agree....but I'm probably in a bit of a unique area. Some of my better finds are from thrift stores in smaller populated agricultural towns that don't have great economics. Howe...

In Make Your Own Gear » MAN-ifying a jacket
February 15, 7:14pm

Re: Re: Sorting out the good stuff
.....and after posting this morn, I hit three thrift stores and came away with a Nevica micro-fleece jacket with no signs of wear for $8 and two pairs of the same Columbia nylon cargo pants for $4/...

February 14, 9:20pm

Re: Zpacks sleeping bag sizing
I had a Zpacks bag that I ended up sending back. At 6' and 150 pounds, I figured the "Long 6'-2" version would be fine. By the time I got the bag cinched up snugly around my neck,...

In GEAR » Zpacks sleeping bag sizing
February 14, 7:58pm

Re: Sorting out the good stuff
">"you found a Sierra Designs down jacket in a thrift store?" Oh, it happens. I've scored that and better many times." Ditto. Just the other day, I came home with a pa...

February 14, 9:12am

Weight check on WM Flash pants, size large. Anyone?
I have a "medium" pair that is a tad small for my preference. If "large" wasn't much heavier, I'd love to trade for "large". Anyone have a weight? For refer...

In GEAR » Weight check on WM Flash pants, size large. Anyone?
February 13, 1:43pm

Re: Smallest packing 30-40 degree bag
Another bag rarely mentioned is the no longer made 14 oz 850 fill Western Mountaineering Linelite. (google it) The bottom has a drawstring closure and the top has arm slits...meaning you can wea...

In GEAR » Smallest packing 30-40 degree bag
February 12, 2:08pm

Re: WTB: WM Highlite
A friendly suggestion :-) is to specify the length you want. For reference, at 6' tall, I got the 6' version and ended up trading it for the 6'6" version. Good luck.

In Gear Swap » WTB: WM Highlite
February 11, 9:37am

Re: thanks for the suggestions!
Michael, The Highlite isn't a new bag. I sold one several yrs ago. Cool little bag! I'd bet, with a little patience, you could find a nice used one. Make no mistake though: It is a summe...

In GEAR » 2013 lightest 30-40F sleep options
February 11, 8:35am

Re: Chrome
Thanks, Hendrick and Justin. I downloaded Chrome and translated.

In GEAR » Convertible Down Blanket W/Snaps-Genius? Superfluous?
February 09, 8:13pm

Re: Cuben Fiber quilts
"This "vapor barrier" behavior is preferable sometimes in cold-weather winter camping but not for regular three-season use. Others with experience and a better understanding of this ...

In GEAR » 2013 lightest 30-40F sleep options
February 09, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.