BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 181 - 190 of 806 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Nice bag!
Thanks, Stephen & Katy. Re FF custom work, yes, I agree. Also, I don't know if I caught them at a slow time or what but they had it to me within 2 wks. Re the ounces of fill, I'...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
February 26, 1:23pm

Re: Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo
Thanks, Raymond. Pretty stoked to try it out. Took me two or more yrs to figure a bag out. My Summerlite just wasn't warm enough for my needs...and I was tired of getting lost in the hood of th...

February 26, 9:10am

Re: Kids bag!
Yeah, I hear ya, Dan! My first, very own, bag was a rectangular, hoodless, synthetic thing with duck print flannel inside and a heavy cotton like shell. It weighs over 7 lbs...as much as my entire ...

In Gear Swap » New Brooks Range Elephant Foot 15 deg zipperless UL sleeping bag
February 25, 9:01am

Re: foot
Is it baffled or sewn through? Is there a draw cord around the circumference? (I'm thinking this could be a great kids bag if it could be drawn up around their neck for a seal)

In Gear Swap » New Brooks Range Elephant Foot 15 deg zipperless UL sleeping bag
February 23, 9:49am

Re: vireo
It's a standard 74" Vireo UL that I asked to be overfilled.

February 22, 8:31am

Re: zip
Correct, Jason. No zip. Took me a long time to rationalize going this route. It came down to realizing that I rarely used the zip in my bag for anything more than ease of ingress/egress. Getting in...

February 22, 7:24am

Re: Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
Thanks for all the info, guys. The additional knives mentioned look good....particularly that kershaw Mini Skinner. Looks super practical/useful. Still, even with its obvious shortcomings, I'm ...

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
February 21, 9:49pm

Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
The goal was to have 20 degree bag that weighed 20 oz. Feathered Friends came through, plus some. The loft was totally unexpected...and a nice surprise. It varies from 6.25 near the head to 6.5...

February 21, 7:13pm

Re: Hartsook
Wow! Lighter than I would have guessed. It gets more appealing all the time......though the Boker Grasshopper does look more comfortable and useable to me. Any way, thanks, Dan!

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
February 21, 3:36pm

Re: ultralite knife
Does anyone by chance have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife? Hoping to get an accurate weight on either knife including sheath? Re the Buck Hartsook Ultralight, I...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
February 21, 1:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.