BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 181 - 190 of 547 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...55

Forum » Thread

Make your own laminated pad
You might try laminating another piece of foam to your GG pad. Get some 3M spray adhesive and add another layer of padding to the bottom. Look at the GG thinlight pads.

In GEAR » Any options beyond NIghtlight and Ridgerest?
July 24, 9:48am

Re: suspension vs weight
I'm in agreement with Ben. It's totally subjective. Every poster who answers here will have a different take so this is actually more akin to a poll than a definitively answerable questio...

In GEAR » suspension vs weight
July 24, 7:26am

Re: ~
Well, at least you'll have the place all to yourself. OK, I don't know if this has been asked already but I'm going to throw it out there- Why? What is the attraction behind such a...

In GEAR » going to death valley soon
July 23, 9:15am

Re: "Misting" Silnylon!
Miguel, I definitely feel you here. I experienced the same set of circumstances on a hike late last spring. My wife and I had just set up camp after a day of on-and-off showers when the sky opene...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 22, 9:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: DEET
First I can't help resist making a comment. Has anyone noticed that how everyone thinks that the mosquitoes in their neck of the woods are the worst anywhere? RE: Organic bug deterrents- I...

In GEAR » Insect repellent - what do you use?
July 22, 7:31am

Shorter inflatable pads
I bought a 3/4 length BA Aircore. Before I tried it I was concerned about my legs hanging off of the pad but I didn't notice it at all. If anything, it helps by alleviating a little of the pr...

In GEAR » New thermarest
July 22, 6:58am

Re: Spinnaker Shortage
Thanks for the detailed explanation Ron; it makes perfect sense.

In GEAR » Spinnaker shortages
July 22, 6:42am

Re: Spinnaker shortages
Bob, According to GG's website, there was some sort of error in the production of the fabric. I would guess that both GG and MLD use the same supplier? If no one here knows, I'll ema...

July 21, 2:53pm

Spinnaker shortages
Anyone have an idea when the current shortage of spinnaker fabric is going to abate? I still see that MLD and Gossamer Gear are not offering their spinnaker products for sale. Thanks in advance.

July 21, 2:31pm

Re: shr/klas.
I see I missed the 2007 refs. Well, I guess I'll be stuck with a Bearikade or Bear Vault. I won't be going this year so maybe the Ursack stuff will shake out over the next year and I can ...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 11, 4:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm