BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 181 - 190 of 456 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...46

Forum » Thread

BPL - Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for my family, country, and my health and ability to get out and enjoy all of God's creation. I wish everyone well on this day.

In Other Activities » BPL - Happy Thanksgiving
November 24, 11:12am

Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
David, That video had me busting a gut laughing this morning! Thanks for posting it, it made my day! It sums up how I feel about the protesters to a 'T'. Thanks again.

In Chaff » Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
November 23, 7:24am

Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
Thanks Stephan, I have been looking those over. Anyone out there that has done the mountaineering route and the Sierra High Route? I would be interested in dificulty comparisons. Particularly i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
November 20, 8:05am

Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
I am researching the mountaineering route heading up Whitney and wanted to get some first-hand opinions on it. I have done the about a third of the Sierra High Route from Roads End to Dusy Basin in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
November 19, 2:51pm

FS: Western Mountaineering, ULA, Pentax w90, Equinox, Mont-bell
PM'ed on ULA pack, second in line.

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering, ULA, Pentax w90, Equinox, Mont-bell
November 15, 8:29pm

Tarp/Mid Suggestions For Sierras
Thanks to all for your input. I wanted to see if there were any more first-hand use out there with the MLD Patrol shelter and the Z-Packs Hexamid Solo. I am leaming towards one of those two. I am p...

In GEAR » Tarp Suggestions For Sierras
November 13, 6:01pm

Convicted pedophile shuffled between Scout troops in Canada, U.S.
Alright Dave T.! Another forum thread for you to run religion and the Boyscouts through the mud! You must be excited!

In Chaff » Convicted pedophile shuffled between Scout troops in Canada, U.S.
November 09, 7:11am

Bivys
How much would it be to add them? I was wondering how breathable is the DWR top? I have switched to cowboy camping style unless there is rain, then I add a tarp. This looks like it could be the tic...

In Gear Deals » They're back! Ultralight Bivys
November 08, 9:53pm

They're back! Ultralight Bivys
John, Do they have any stake-out loops in the corners? It doesn't look like it in the photos, but I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance for your reply.

In Gear Deals » They're back! Ultralight Bivys
November 08, 8:06pm

JMT and Bear Spray.
I love all of the bear photos! keep em' coming...although I'm not sure if the OP will want to show this thread to his fiance now : ))

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 08, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm