BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 181 - 190 of 961 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...97

Forum » Thread

Re: What's the purpose of camp shoes?
Jake had the answer. It is a luxury, like a lot of the things people often carry (camera, inflatable sleeping pad, etc.). I use Sprint Aquatics Slippers, which weigh an ounce a piece. I also us...

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 31, 9:08am

Re: 2P UL Shelters - Write for yourself
I agree with Ron. I really like that first article because you manage to keep the list short. You are not publishing a magazine. You can't write about every shelter out there and do an in depth...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 30, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
"If you're going over to Pro Mountain Sports, you should take your "X" along. Maybe Jim or Adam wll see something you've missed." Great idea. Thanks.

In GEAR » Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
July 16, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
Yes, I already sent them an email, asking the same question I originally asked.

July 16, 7:54pm

Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
OK, I pried and I pried, but I can't seem to open the thing. I'm going to go to Pro Mountain Sports sometime this week (if I can find the time) to see their version of the Skyscape. They do...

July 16, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
OK, I'll pry some more. I've already used my fingernails and a titanium stake, but a toothpick sounds like a better idea. Just to confirm, I took a few pictures: Looking up, with the ...

July 16, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe I've found it, but just can't open it. This is what I see: A strip made out of Cuben, right next to the seam, on the rear side of the tent (the other ...

July 16, 5:20pm

Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
I bought a Skyscape X tent last fall, and I'm just now getting around to setting it up. I'm having a hard time finding the sleeve where the spreader bar is supposed to go. It is my understa...

July 16, 4:11pm

Re: Canon S100
I'm probably not the best guy to ask for advice on cameras. Much of my information is based on what I've heard from other, more knowledgeable folks. I started by looking at all the little c...

In Photography » Using My Canon Powershot S100
June 06, 10:11am

Re: Canon S100
Thanks David, that helped. I think I have answers to my questions: 1) It appears that there is no way to completely turn off the symbols. Bummer. 2) Still don't have a solid understanding...

In Photography » Using My Canon Powershot S100
June 04, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm