Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 181 - 190 of 963 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...97

Forum » Thread

Re: reflective
Even if the reflective layer helps a lot, I'm not sure what difference it makes where it is. Either it is warming the sleeping bag or the foam pad. Generally speaking, it doesn't matter whe...

In GEAR » CCF Pad and Neoair
September 01, 8:24am

Re: Re: CCF Pad and Neoair
I don't think the reflective coating makes any difference. Basically, as the other comments mention, put the foam underneath to protect the pad or put it on top for maximum warmth. Inch for inc...

In GEAR » CCF Pad and Neoair
August 31, 11:33pm

Re: What's the purpose of camp shoes?
Jake had the answer. It is a luxury, like a lot of the things people often carry (camera, inflatable sleeping pad, etc.). I use Sprint Aquatics Slippers, which weigh an ounce a piece. I also us...

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 31, 9:08am

Re: 2P UL Shelters - Write for yourself
I agree with Ron. I really like that first article because you manage to keep the list short. You are not publishing a magazine. You can't write about every shelter out there and do an in depth...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 30, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
"If you're going over to Pro Mountain Sports, you should take your "X" along. Maybe Jim or Adam wll see something you've missed." Great idea. Thanks.

In GEAR » Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
July 16, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
Yes, I already sent them an email, asking the same question I originally asked.

July 16, 7:54pm

Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
OK, I pried and I pried, but I can't seem to open the thing. I'm going to go to Pro Mountain Sports sometime this week (if I can find the time) to see their version of the Skyscape. They do...

July 16, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
OK, I'll pry some more. I've already used my fingernails and a titanium stake, but a toothpick sounds like a better idea. Just to confirm, I took a few pictures: Looking up, with the ...

July 16, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe I've found it, but just can't open it. This is what I see: A strip made out of Cuben, right next to the seam, on the rear side of the tent (the other ...

July 16, 5:20pm

Six Moons Skyscape X Sleeve
I bought a Skyscape X tent last fall, and I'm just now getting around to setting it up. I'm having a hard time finding the sleeve where the spreader bar is supposed to go. It is my understa...

July 16, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm