BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 181 - 190 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear suggestions - 5 weeks in New Zealand
Alpacka Raft and good paddle; get one with the attached spray deck.....

In GEAR » Gear suggestions - 5 weeks in New Zealand
December 04, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Grocery store options
David Bonn's list is good but Alaska stores often have Pilot Biscuits jam mashed Potatoes candy bars cream of wheat brown sugar margarine red pepper black pepper salt top ramen chips...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
December 03, 11:42pm

Re: Re: Grocery store options
Hi Erin, Buying food in villages is no big deal. Dick Griffith skied solo from Unalakleet all the way to Hudson Bay over a number of trips and bought food in villages the whole way. In particula...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
December 03, 11:20pm

Re: Re: Re: re:Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Richard, she is a wise woman, as well as a good woman, and I just try to be a good man.... She was the one who told me I had to finish the trip -- not fly out of Anaktuvuk. She told me, it w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
December 03, 10:56pm

Re: re:Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
This thread got me all worked up again to do a long hike. I even looked on the Arctic 1000 mileage to see how it increased with pack-lightening, then worked on figuring out how much farther it m...

December 03, 10:03pm

Re: Favorites in 2006
Good on you b d! faves beyond gear for 2006: walking with friends and family in town and out boating with my son and meeting folks on the creek climbing trees in old growth

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 01, 10:50pm

Re: minimal resupply thru hike
What's up with the cranky folk at whiteblaze? If those are the type of people hiking the AT, I wouldn't want to test my limits there! But then, that's the reason many of us left the east coas...

December 01, 10:48pm

Re: Staying on topic
2006 Faves: The carbon fiber trekking poles from BPL SmartWool Hoody Oware 'Mid

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 01, 10:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Going Wool? share your knowledge
Regarding Mark's comments on wool and itchiness -- that's how I remember wool, The old wool shirts and pants were horribly itchy, but this new stuff just doesn't seem like wool at all.....it's sooo...

In GEAR » Going Wool? share your knowledge
November 30, 12:59am

Re: Re: Going Wool? share your knowledge
Ryan turned me on to wool as we planned the Arctic 1000. One rule of thumb for choosing clothing is one insulative layer for every 20 degree F drop in temperature, starting at whatever temp yo...

In GEAR » Going Wool? share your knowledge
November 30, 12:36am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.