Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Benson (roguenode) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Chris Benson has not added a biography yet.
StateCO
My PDF Gear List3 season above treeline, bug, rain, 30 degree list - 12.7lbs

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Benson

Showing 181 - 190 of 422 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...43

Forum » Thread

firstlight and bivy
I'm intrigued by the nanoshield BD firstlight as a winter tent I could actually afford. I'm also thinking of getting my first bivy, something I can use without a tarp, is lightweight, and l...

In GEAR » BPL Reader "Wish List" Thread
November 07, 10:21pm

rab or montbell
I have an Arcteryx Beta AR and RAB drillium. I use the Beta AR when ice climbing as it's bomber and I prefer that for climbing. However, the Rab definitely breathes better and is lighter which ...

In GEAR » Best mountaineering shell?
November 07, 5:45pm

My best of...
Pack: Just sold some packs, waiting on spring to try something new. That MLD burn looks pretty sweet for most of my trips: 2-4 days) Trekking poles: REI Peak UL – no locking/slipping issues wit...

In GEAR » BPL Reader "best of" thread
November 07, 2:00pm

speedbivy
Man, wish the speedbivy was available in a long version. Looks sweet for those fitting a regular though.

In Gear Deals » New MLD Bivys
November 05, 3:33pm

ib 150 vs 140
Fwiw, I have two Icebreaker lightweight t-shirts; a superfine ultralight 140 wt and a gt velocity ss crewe 150 wt (non-zip version). You can tell the 140 is more sheer, but has has been significant...

In GEAR » Looking for a fitted merino T-shirt
November 03, 8:49pm

Some new to me, also waiting on 2011 spring pack offerings
New to me: * Rab Drillium * Mariposa plus * Grivel Air Tech racing ice axe * Black Diamond guide gloves I also will be using a borrowed set of ice tools and crampon's for ice climbing th...

In GEAR » Which New Gear are You Looking Forward to Trying?
November 01, 2:48pm

Looks promising
The full-zip compares favorably to my Rab Drillium. Uses the same weight eVent and is 60g lighter (2.7oz). However, I really like the ability to stow the hood and don't see a way to do that wit...

In GEAR » Lightweight Event
November 01, 1:56pm

Re: New GG site
"It looks pretty dang good on my phone :)" No doubt a testament to web browsing on phones these days. Looks good on mine as well, video/flash included. The new site is clean and ea...

In GEAR » New GossamerGear Website
October 30, 5:10pm

ditto...
Ditto on Eric's thoughts on the Megalite. Wide enough to add layers and dip below its rating. Full unzip and it has quilt-like ventilation. There may still be one fs in the gear swap forum.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
October 29, 5:48pm

run?
Don't know how you feel about trail running, but I find it to be pretty good training for backpacking. Works balance muscles better than road running, softer surface, and you get some nature ti...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
October 27, 9:23am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Benson

Chris Benson has posted no reviews.