BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 181 - 190 of 617 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...62

Forum » Thread

McGukins
https://store.mcguckin.com/inet/home.html

In Gear Deals » Pro Expedition sled for a pulk--Boulder, CO
February 05, 4:34pm

Bear bagging
Definitely use a throw sack. Probably like most people, my line is kept it and the mini-biner clipped to it. So it's kind of dual purpose. I've played baseball and softball a good porti...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any advice for bear bagging?
January 27, 11:51am

Trail runners and 40 Below
I just wear my regular trail runners with a thicker wool sock and a pair of 40 Below TR overboots. I was out last weekend in substantially sub-zero temps and very comfortable and light. http://...

In GEAR » SnowShoe boots?
January 19, 12:19am

10th Mtn
Eric, The 10th Mtn huts do all have propane burners. The ones I've been to all have had 4 burners (the groups cook in shifts) and also a wood burning cook stove, which you certainly can use...

In Winter Hiking » 10th Mtn Hut Trips
January 19, 12:02am

Re: Good timing...
Nice pic of Homestake, Pmags. We'll be at 10th Mtn tomorrow and Thursday. We've been wanting to climb it but haven't done it so far. Weather has been an issue. We're still talking a...

In Winter Hiking » Cheap or DIY pulk?
January 08, 9:11am

Pulk
Funny you should ask. One of my friends and I were just out today. We're doing a hut-to-hut trip starting Wednesday and we cached food and an excellent selection of micro brews near the second ...

In Winter Hiking » Cheap or DIY pulk?
January 07, 11:46pm

RE: Waist belt for pulk
I tried just a waist belt and it worked fine on flat ground. But going uphill it would pull down too much. I went with a daypack with loops sewn into the hipbelt as seen in the doc at skipulk.com. ...

In GEAR » Waist belt for pulk?
January 02, 8:46pm

Shirts
I'm apparently very lucky in that I don't stink while backpacking. That or my sense of smell is gone but same difference. Champion C9 long sleeves ploy shirts from Target for me. Tried more...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 02, 8:38pm

Re: Neo socks
I highly recommend renting at least the water shoes for the Narrows. The day before we did the Narrows, we did Mystery Canyon, which ends in a rappel into the Narrows. I was in trail runners and us...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
January 02, 11:09am

Oxymoron
I would have agreed with you 10 years ago. But times and technology change. LOTS of excellent beers in cans now.

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
December 29, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.