BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 181 - 190 of 583 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: "Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?"
"I had a heart attack while snow-shoeing in the Sierra 5 years ago. Not really near-death, but it makes you think about it." Glad you pulled through that Bill. That's as near death...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Near death experiences (or close calls) on the trail?
August 30, 10:15pm

Re:"hunting to lighten pack load by eating meat?"
"If the typical UL backpacker is carrying roughly 1.5 to 2 pounds of food per day (that's my standard) " "Thats fine if your taking that but iv'e found manys UL to be pack...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hunting to lighten pack load by eating meat?
August 30, 10:10pm

Re: "What's the purpose of camp shoes?"
"Why do people pack in camp shoes." Cuz they want to. Why does someone carry a pee bottle??? Why does anyone take any particular piece of gear? I don't always but when I do ...

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 30, 9:27pm

MB Four Pass temps
I'd take the 20. I've done it twice in mid-September. Last year it was cool and drizzly and the 35 would have been fine. The time before it dropped into the 20s with a howling wind. I ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Maroon Bells, Four Pass Loop
August 27, 10:58am

St. Mary's glacier
http://www.summitcountyexplorer.com/HIKES/St.%20Mary%27s%20Glacier%20-%20Hiking%20Trail.htm Short hike and close to Denver.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow in Colorado
August 27, 10:41am

Bacon
Can't have a bacon thread without a link to Jim Gaffigan's bacon routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drqUfOAenwQ

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bacon
August 24, 7:53pm

Re: Re: NEW wooo! - Randy
Doug, I've read all those reports as well but it's been great for me. I have the original. (I think. Not a SPOT2.) I send the message to myself as well as my wife and I check when I get bac...

In GEAR » SPOT or PLB rental?
August 24, 7:07pm

Re: NEW wooo!
Glad you get to go. My wife couldn't care less if I go solo. Still haven't figured out what meaning to take from that. There's probably only one thing I do differently solo and it in...

In GEAR » SPOT or PLB rental?
August 24, 6:48pm

WRR weather
How'd you find the forecast for Titcomb Basin? I see Pinedale having lows in the 40s and it's only 7K. Personally, I'd plan for the lower temps. And I wouldn't put too much faith in...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range Weather
August 23, 10:58am

Re: Shameful and Irresponsible Dog Owner?
"Shameful and Irresponsible Dog Owner?" Why the question mark? There's no question at all. And now we're hearing from people who don't even hike about how dogs shouldn'...

In Chaff » Shameful and Irresponsible Dog Owner?
August 20, 12:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.