Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lynn Tramper (retropump) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Antipodes of La Coruna
About Me Lynn Tramper has not added a biography yet.
CountryThe Antipodes

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lynn Tramper

Showing 181 - 190 of 3344 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...335

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: cholesterol levels
"You can have a high cholesterol condition and not have any real medical problem from that. However, for many people, that is not the case." That is true, but the problem is knowing if...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
August 02, 4:05pm

Re: The evidence underpinning sports performance products: a systematic assessment
"Personally I believe it is incumbent on the producer to be able to justify their claims about a product before they foist it on an unsuspecting public. This is not something that should be le...

In Philosophy & Technique » The evidence underpinning sports performance products: a systematic assessment
July 30, 11:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Backpacking Vegan
If you have a food dehydrator, then just about anything you eat at home can be made trail-friendly. Most grains, lentils, beans, chickpeas and vegetables (or dishes containing a combo of them) can...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backpacking Vegan
July 30, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glycogen depletion theory
"'I'd be most interested in reading an article or two of your choosing that support 700-1000 grams of stored glycogen for the average 70 kg male." I will do this when I have ti...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Very Low-Carb Trip Report
July 29, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glycogen depletion theory
You can pick and choose which articles to quote as to how much glycogen an 'average' male may store when rested and well fed, but even taking the lowest estimate of 300g carbohydrate stored...

July 25, 8:47pm

Re: Glycogen depletion theory
Yes, it may have been glycogen depletion, but only if you were pretty insulin resistant to begin with. A 'normal' person will have around 10-15g/kg of stored glycogen if they are well fed ...

July 25, 3:14pm

Re: Then something else
"instead ate a packet of tuna in olive oil, with, of course, a little Srirachca Rooster Sauce on it (I'm not an animal!). Within ten minutes I was almost completely recovered." Lik...

July 24, 4:17pm

Re: Horizontal vs vertical baffled sleeping bags
I think the optimal solution is square baffles. These give you the best down control IMHO, but hard to find in a commercial bag. The last bag I saw that had this design was the Western Mountaineer...

In GEAR » Horizontal vs vertical baffled sleeping bags
July 23, 9:06pm

Re: Probably not bonking
I tend to agree with Greg, but from the perspective of being a non-diabetic. I can hike all day without ANY food and have no problems. I can do this day after day as long as I replace my calories...

July 23, 8:10pm

Re: Too much macro talk
Erik "I think you're right on about activity having more to do with how well a healthy body handles different ratios of carb/fat/protein." For sure. Not only does exercise incr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
July 23, 6:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Lynn Tramper

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Trail Designs SideWinder for AGG 2qt pot
First of all, apologies for cross-posting this review. I initially put it n the cookware category and can't move it (Mods feel free to delete the other review). I have been using this cook syst...

In Stoves - Other
October 18, 12:50pm

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
I want to love this pack, I really do. It is comfortable, it is roomy enough for most trips, it fits well, carries heavier laods well, and has all the feature I could want in a pack (I got extra poc...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 17, 7:17pm

Trail designs SideWinder
I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. My system is designed to fit around, AND in th...

In Cookware - Other
October 17, 6:53pm

Packa s/m 2008 model
I thought it better to keep the Packa reviews in one place, so this applies to the 2009 medium/large Packa. To be honest, I wanted a Roger Caffin style poncho, but could see it was going to take me m...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 18, 1:57pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
I use these for around camp and sleep wear, so have not (yet) had any problems with durability. For my main use they are simply brilliant. This merino is the frist wool I've found that isn't...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 18, 12:23pm

Trail Designs Caldera Keg
This cool little cookset is just perfect for my solo trips. "The lightest , most stable, wind resistant, and efficient cooking system you can buy." says the Trail Designs website, and I don...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:41pm

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot
I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem. I have used this pot for several years fo...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:34pm

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
I have carried this "stove" for 14 nights in the field now, and it has become my go-to stove. Even after 7 days of continuous rain, I was able to find enough dry-ish wood to cook AND have a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 15, 6:25pm

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low l...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 07, 6:27pm

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
These are my all time favourites. They've kept me comfortable in everything from snowboarding to windswept ridge hikes to calm and hot uphill hikes. They are comfortable, light, and dry in an in...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 11:58am