Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 8073 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...808

Forum » Thread

Re: Seattle
what are some lower elevation backpacks on east side of cascades? the only thing I don't like about Seattle is the traffic and congestion. Whenever I drive through there, there are traffic ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 30, 3:44pm

Re:
I agree with Craig, you don't necesarily need a training class. Watching video, reading book, talking about it is good. Definitely practice on a safe slope first. You want icy surface to r...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Beginner Ice Axe Questions
December 30, 8:07am

Re: Layering advice needed
Sometimes, if you have full front zippers, you can just unzip as needed And take off hat

In GEAR » Layering advice needed
December 29, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
great! great to see people getting out there and using that information go to portlandhikers.org and click on "field guide"

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 29, 3:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
http://www.nwhikers.net/ is a good Seattle centric website portlandhikers.org is a good Portland centric website lots of trip reports to see what people are doing, get ideas most people do...

December 29, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
I live in Portland. I do one week backpack every month of year. Have to be flexible with exact days and location. I don't like trips with lots of rain and wind but some is unavoidable. ...

December 29, 12:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serial podcast
okay, listened to it while backpacking. No radio reception Thanks a lot for goading me into installing itunes. There are zillions of podcasts and books. Much easier to download than regular d...

In Chaff » Serial podcast
December 28, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Serial podcast - with spoilers
Like that one lawyer said "just because a prosecutor can get a jury to convict doesn't mean he should" Prosecutors are too much into winning rather than determining justice Adno...

In Chaff » Serial podcast - with spoilers
December 28, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brass Threads vs. Aluminum Threads
I wouldn't recommend a pocket rocket, but if that's what you have, it would be about the lowest priority to replace with something slightly better.

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol update?
December 28, 2:47pm

sawyer
Take a 1 liter soda bottle (1.3 ounces). That will put enough pressure to make Squeeze easier to use. Get a clear one so you can see if there's any stuff in it. If there's stuff that set...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 28, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.