Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 8642 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...865

Forum » Thread

Re: alternative to the French seam with momentum 90?
sew the seam with the raw edges inside. Maybe 1/2 inch seam allowance then, inside, fold over twice and run a row of stitches. That will bury the raw edges. I made something with M50 and th...

In Make Your Own Gear » alternative to the French seam with momentum 90
March 23, 4:46pm

Re: Amazon
i've done that before too plan B - REI : )

In GEAR » Jetboil Joule Issue
March 23, 11:56am

Re: Point Reyes Arch rock collapse!!! :(
there's another thread there was a fissure on the trail a week previous so they closed trail and put up signs. people ignored signs. I was there a while ago but there were way too many p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Point Reyes Arch rock collapse!!! :(
March 23, 11:52am

Re: Update - Jetboil Service Laughable.
amazon has pretty good return policy in first month that would cover you if they sent something that didn't work at all

In GEAR » Jetboil Joule Issue
March 23, 11:24am

Re: Chameece - The 3 Classes of Insulation Generally Have Well Defined Thermal Efficiency Ranges
Patagonia Anorak is down Rab xenon hoody is synthetic (primaloft gold) the rest are various fleeces The Rab xenon sure lost a lot of warmth after just two weeks. I wonder what happened to it ...

In GEAR » Microfleece 100
March 23, 10:15am

Re: Quilt
6 oz apex - too heavy, bulky - based on my experience with 4 oz quilt Do down instead, plus it will last longer. With 6 oz apex, it's so bulky you'll probably compress it too much in pa...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.5oz Apex Summer Quilt Project (Photos Inside)
March 23, 9:47am

Re: Re: Toe blisters
I have had same problem - blister under toe. More than that, toe-nails discolored. I tried getting a size bigger - problem solved. Then, on a couple trips I used my old boots that gave me bl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe blisters
March 23, 9:42am

Re: Re: Epic, tyvek
Quite a few years ago I made rain jacket out of epic. Seemed water-proof but maybe i didn't test this good and it never was very water-proof. Anyway, after using it for a while it rained once...

In GEAR » Strategy for dealing with cold, freezing rain: WPB socks and midlayer question
March 22, 9:53pm

Re: Re: Traditional gear in rainy cold conditions
yes, the warmer it is the more water vapor air can hold no, cold air doesn't have an uppermost relative humidity less than 100%, that is, any temperature air can have humidity 0% to 100% ...

In GEAR » Strategy for dealing with cold, freezing rain: WPB socks and midlayer question
March 22, 9:45pm

Re: mA and mAh
I agree, that is confusing for someone not an electrical engineer : ) for example, I measured 0.13 amps for 4 hours = 0.5 Ah = 500 mAh

In GEAR » measuring USB power bank capacity
March 22, 4:59pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.