BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 7296 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...730

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 7 Things to Consider Before Choosing Sides in the Middle East Conflict
"Israel is winning the tactical war but losing the strategic one as well as what is left of world sympathy." Yet I think Israel citizen approval of their current actions is high Nor...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 04, 9:06am

Re: Re: Middle East Conflict
"Sadly, the crutch that is America will likely end up being their curse" +1 and you could extend that to military superiority in general it seems like it's a solution but lon...

August 04, 9:04am

Re: Zipper
Nice looking pants, good job! Just don't use Roger's color choice : ) Or maybe for Roger it's colour

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Supplex pants with zippered vents
August 03, 8:14pm

Re: Fishing in Three Sisters?
I've done the cut-through route between Middle and South Sisters. I like that scenery better than the rest of the loop. A bit tricky finding route which makes it more interesting to me. Do...

In Fishing » Fishing in Three Sisters?
August 03, 8:10pm

Re: Evaluating outdoor gear with open source hardware
It would be interesting to do an experiment Compare fleece, fleece with wind shirt, and fleece with WPB jacket 0 MPH and 30 MPH 2 MET (100 W/m2 - light exercise) and 8 MET (400 W/m2 - heav...

In Editor's Roundtable » Evaluating outdoor gear with open source hardware
August 03, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Pick a side yet?
Roger, you would have to add to your analogy that before the bank robery, the bank occupied the bank robbers land and built their bank. The bank robbers tried to get their land back for seven year...

July 30, 10:43am

Re: Re: Pick a side yet?
"Unfortunately, this phenomenon has been mostly used in service of lies, deception, and for destructive purposes. Sometimes purposely/consciously, sometimes unconsciously and unknowingly"...

July 30, 9:25am

Re: MYOG: Backpack fabrics, features, and dimensions
More excellent information about packs, thanks But, you said circle provides 50% more volume than square with same circumference. Presume that volume is proportional to area, since you're...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Backpack fabrics, features, and dimensions
July 30, 9:06am

Re: Evaluating outdoor gear with open source hardware
Wow! That is an impressive setup. Much more difficult to model a human erect torso with arms than just a flat plate like I did (and Roger's but I should let him speak for himself). Your ex...

In Editor's Roundtable » Evaluating outdoor gear with open source hardware
July 30, 8:47am

Re: portlandhikers.org
My standard weather forecast tool is http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.81668&lat=44.12394 You can pan around and select the weather report for any spot, including somewhere a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Three Sisters Loop in August
July 29, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.