BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 6459 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...646

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: We're Failing People
"I don't know how to fix it." To start, overturn Citizen's United, don't allow people or corporations to make huge political contributions.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 28, 1:09pm

Re: Rain Protection
I have taken my Goretex jacket and put it over my pack rather than between pack and my back. Sort of like a Packa or poncho. Not big enough to zip zipper in front, but it covered both my pack and...

In GEAR » Rain Protection
March 28, 10:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
ha, ha, ha I see pictures of shirtless Putin on horse, not Obama. and staged pictures shooting big animals. Obama (slowly) ended two wars, hasn't occupied any countries

In Chaff » "Generally not invading our neighbours"
March 27, 8:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
Good links Tom, that makes sense One thing is, it's not good if we threaten sanctions but can't deliver. We have little trade with Russia, easy to have sanctions. Not so much for Europ...

March 27, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
"Post deleted with an apology to Jerry for unjustified snark." I read your post before you deleted it and was just going to let it go. I don't agree it was unjustified snark thoug...

March 27, 5:41pm

Re: Seam sealer WEIGHT?
You won't notice a pack that weighs 1 or 3 ounces less. If you can combine 1 or 3 ounces savings with some other savings to add up to a pound or more, then you'll start noticing it.

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 27, 8:17am

Re: Re: coloring tent stakes
I got these BPL orange Ti stakes. After ~100 nights they're still mostly orange. It seems like blue isn't contrasty enough, better to use orange or red.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 10:19pm

Re: #1
#1 is supposed to be good I wouldn't totally write off Glenns skepticism - risk of plastic bottles is probably not great, even the BPA ones - that skeptical snopes article did say it's u...

In GEAR » Long term container for Sawyer Squeeze?
March 26, 8:42pm

Re: painting red
Red enamel in spray can? You don't care about even coverage or anything. After a while a lot will scrape off but there'll be enough left to find stake. One can will paint hundreds of s...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 6:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
I stopped to pee at the Sandy River off I-84. Walked down closed road 100 feet. Police came along and asked what I was doing there. Asked if I had a car. They were looking for homeless peo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 26, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.