Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: California Fire Permit
what happens if you intentionally answer some questions wrong? or unintentionally?

In Pre-Trip Planning » California Fire Permit
July 07, 10:43am

Re: Re: Firing Sawyer
yeah, freezing is a problem I think since Sawyer filters are hollow tubes with pores in them, if the tube fills with water and freezes, it expands, and ruptures the tube. Or if the whole filter...

In GEAR » Firing Sawyer
July 07, 9:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Firing Sawyer
My 45 seconds for one pint was just at a normal rate. I didn't try to rush it. 9 seconds for one pint is really good. I think that if you filter just one pint, either 9 seconds or 45 wou...

In GEAR » Firing Sawyer
July 07, 9:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: California Fire Permit
Yeah, when I go to Trinity Alps I stop at Coffee Creek Ranger Station and fill out form. No one has ever asked to see it, or the wilderness permit, but I go in May/October when there aren't ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » California Fire Permit
July 07, 7:55am

Re: A historical question on social psychopathy
The solution to our problems is for all the high functioning rich people to "go on strike" and move to an island. The rest of us, left to ourselves, will degenerate into chaos.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 10 years on the run from the FBI on the AT - Bismarck
July 07, 7:51am

Re: Re: Firing Sawyer
I take 45 seconds to filter 1 pint 9 seconds? that seems too quick. Maybe your filter is broken? Did it ever freeze? If you try to blow through it can you detect any flow? If so, it's p...

In GEAR » Firing Sawyer
July 07, 7:47am

Re: Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
"From what I've seen, no fire, brimstone, or any cats and dogs sleeping together as of yet." same thing after implementation of Obamacare

In Chaff » Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
July 06, 7:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "SC Governor is So Wrong!"
stands, stood for - okay, you have a point but I think really the only way to show that it's "stood" and not "stands" is to take the flag down. removing confederate ...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 06, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "SC Governor is So Wrong!"
Maybe "stands for opposition to civil rights" is inaccurate because their opposition was forcibly eliminated by the feds. Maybe "the flag stands for their protest at having to integ...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 06, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Re: PNW GGG 2016
hmmm... weird... Ian looks very much like a Mountain Goat... Maybe too far away to see good?

In Pre-Trip Planning » PNW GGG 2016
July 06, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.