Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 8982 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...899

Forum » Thread

Re: Almost SUL . . .
"Find soft campsites and lose that Half pound "brick" of a Neo Air" I like to camp at established campsites. Concentrate the impact of humans on just a few spots. But then ...

In Gear Lists » Almost SUL . . .
June 06, 9:06am

Re: Snow Peak Gigapower windscreen: probably not worth it. Also, a cold canister isn't that inefficient
good video, your conclusions are good one thing is, you said it takes 6 grams of fuel to boil with a cold canister, and 7 grams and a minute less with a warm canister I think that's becau...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Gigapower windscreen: probably not worth it. Also, a cold canister isn't that inefficient
June 05, 7:55pm

Re: Hissing
I think most stoves let out a bit of gas when you're screwing on/off. Just at one spot. Quickly screw past that. Insignificant amount of gas lost.

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
June 05, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Long Term Cuben Use
How about renormalization with Cubans?

In GEAR » Long Term Cuben Use
June 05, 6:48am

Re: Re: Re: Russia today
Russian right wingers have a lot in common with U.S. right wingers McCain/Graham want to arm Ukraine Then Putin will escalate retaliation etc...

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
June 04, 11:48am

Re: Re: Russia today
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-02/putin-s-secret-budget-hides-shift-toward-war-economy "Putin is allocating unprecedented amounts of secret funds to accelerate Russia’s la...

June 04, 7:40am

Re: Russia today
"You hear it all the time on the news. Everything is interpreted as being aimed against Russia. It's absurd. Americans don't spend their lives scheming against us, but the authorities ...

June 04, 7:34am

re. "DEFINE BOIL"
"200°F is plenty hot." if you want to kill bugs, you can bring to 212 F and they're immediately dead or, 195 F and let it sit for one minute or, 180 F and let it sit for 5 ...

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
June 03, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
I think Bellingham and especially Mt Vernon are somewhat in Olympic rain shadow Everywhere up there is nice. A bit away from the hoards in Seattle

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
June 03, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Sticker Shock, need a new plan
I was just at Winco and they had a #10 can of dehydrated onions - 30 ounces for $10 that would require 300 ounces of raw onions. 18 pounds. I can maybe buy onions for $0.50 a pound so that wou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sticker Shock, need a new plan
June 03, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.