BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 7372 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...738

Forum » Thread

Re: sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
some silnylon is more waterproof regardless, very little will wick through but, you'll get a lot of condensation

In GEAR » sil nylon tarp as a bivy question.
August 11, 7:58pm

Re: Hoarding Prevention Efforts
Did he ever do anything with them?

In Chaff » Collecting versus Hoarding
August 11, 4:25pm

Re: Re: Safe water container
If they line the aluminum container with "food grad powder coating" - that's plastic with all the possible risks of that. From alzheimer association http://www.alz.org/alzheimers...

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 11, 4:13pm

Re: Water bottles and boiling water
Stainless Steel http://www.rei.com/product/879960/innate-helix-stainless-steel-water-bottle-20-fl-oz-2014-closeout#descriptionTab $13, 8 ounces weight, 20 ounces capacity

In GEAR » Water bottles and boiling water
August 11, 3:44pm

Re: I'll just go ahead and say it...
I put my 1965 Schwinn on the curb with a "free" sign on it I wonder where it went...

August 11, 3:40pm

Re: Re: Collecting versus Hoarding
Hoarder is killed when stack of stuff falls over onto him - find body weeks later when the smell becomes overwhelming

August 11, 2:00pm

Re: Thermodynamics with down
I think the more clothing you put on inside your sleeping bag, the warmer you will be If it's tight, adding more clothing will add progressively less warmth. If you want to get the most war...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 11, 8:57am

Re: Looking for #5 YKK Zipper Sliders
You might be able to find them at local fabric store Or order them from owfinc.com or questoutfitters.com

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for #5 YKK Zipper Sliders
August 11, 8:11am

Re: Re: Re: Oh do tell!
If we decriminalize drugs, then there will be less violence in Central America. Then, the mothers of the kids there won't be faced with delemma - either leave kids in Central America and risk ...

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 11, 8:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: verification
That's weird, website software totally transformed my copy/pasted gpx file anyway, for each track point there's a date stamp, e.g. "2014-07-02T21:22:29Z" you could just edit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 11, 7:56am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.