Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 8757 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Right on!
I don't know why supplex is better. The fibers are very fine. It's nylon. I've had that exact problem and have experimented with a number of fabrics. It's sort of generic. A ...

In Winter Hiking » Frosty Breath, how to prevent a soggy sleeping bag?
April 10, 10:56am

Re: Re: Cat
without Lex Luther, would there be a superman?

In Chaff » Is the cat going up or down the stairs ?
April 10, 10:48am

Re: Right on!
I have supplex fabric covering my shoulders. Less condensation on it. It's part of my quilt. Fleece is good but supplex better

In Winter Hiking » Frosty Breath, how to prevent a soggy sleeping bag?
April 10, 10:37am

Re: Re: Cat
both going up and down? Schrödinger's cat?

April 10, 9:43am

Re: Re: Is the cat going up or down the stairs ?
obviously no cat owners here (or is that ownees?) cat is going to pee somewhere to mark it's territory

April 10, 8:12am

Re: Seam Sealer Thinners
Urethane sealer for non silicone fabric - McNett Seam Grip or Shoe Goo - use Toluene. I think this is nasty stuff that should be done in ventilated area. Lacquer thinner might work - check label ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam seal mix
April 10, 8:07am

Cedar oil, DEET,...
I tried Cedar Oil (Cedarcide) - very ineffective. I would think that might be similar to Eucalyptus I've had DEET melt plastic - wind/temperature sensor Mostly I use long pants/sleeves/h...

In GEAR » Picaridin?
April 10, 7:55am

Re: Re: Re: Seam seal mix
I think Shoe Goo is a slightly thicker version of urethane sealant, compared to McNett Seam Grip (Or, maybe the Shoe Goo I've seen was old)

April 09, 10:04pm

Re: Is the cat going up or down the stairs ?
I think the cat is going up because of those side-ways patterns on the walls, for each step. Could be down though : )

April 09, 9:04pm

Re: Seam seal mix
what do you mean when you say "seam seal"? there's McNett Seam Grip which is urethane for non silicone fabrics. Dilute with toluene? and McNett Sil Net. That you could dilute ...

April 09, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.