BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 181 - 190 of 7580 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...758

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Post-Hike Stinky Shoes?
baking soda is about the mildest thing you could try

In GEAR » Post-Hike Stinky Shoes?
September 24, 10:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here
you're using my words against me, that's not fair... the president does have a lot of power when it comes to initiating military action the president doesn't have that much power ...

In Chaff » The Question of Militarism/Empire
September 24, 4:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Here
"We just disagree in a major way about " this whole thing about authorization from congress isn't that important"." We agree on that (that we disagree : ) Reality toda...

September 24, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Here
"Jerry thinks it is "ok" because Obama did it." Ha, ha, ha,... Michael weighs in : )

September 24, 4:12pm

Re: Here
Andrew Sullivan is a conservative journalist He failed to mention that yeah, Bush got authorization for military action if Saddam didn't let in inspectors, but Saddam did let in inspectors,...

September 24, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Largish Rattlesnake Encounter in Sierras
I saw two warming themselves on trail in Northern California in Trinity Alps - 6000 feet elevation. They slithered off trail before I could get picture. One of them rattled at me. I didn't t...

In Photo Gallery » Largish Rattlesnake Encounter in Sierras
September 24, 3:50pm

Re: Systems
I didn't mean to claim U.S. is more exceptional than other democracies They have the same problem with inefficiencies due to politics yet it's better than alternatives

September 24, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Office Politics. Retarded monkeys
spy in your office is feeding ideas to Scott Adams : )

In Chaff » Office Politics
September 24, 1:23pm

Re: yep
yet, amazingly, this political system seems to be better than other systems

September 24, 11:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re
I think Kat criticizes Obama because he's the president and he's doing stuff she disagrees with. If there was a Republican president doing worse stuff, she'de be criticizing that too...

September 23, 9:49pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.