Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger Caffin (rcaffin) - BPL Staff

My Locale Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
About Me Research Scientist. Been walking all my life, mainly off-track - we don't have 'trails' here, and I always go with my wife. Summer and winter, lowland and highland, Australia and Europe. Forced into UL gear by heavy packs and increasing age. :-)
Example Gear List at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/caffins_4_month_gear_list.html

BPL email: roger@backpackinglight.com
CitySydney
StateNSW
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://www.bushwalkingnsw.org.au/FAQ/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger Caffin

Showing 181 - 190 of 10526 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1053

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: coffee tootsie rolls!!! and more about burning fat while hiking...
> Given our relative body sizes and pack loads, she and I probably should split at > least 60:40 in my favor to achieve equal % weight loss. Some of the early epic Antarctic explorations ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine pills instead of coffee?
June 02, 4:13pm

Re: Sticker Shock, need a new plan
> i can not afford to eat a $10.00 dinner on the trail for a week or even weekend. Have you checked what your weekly food budget at home is like? I think you are complaining a bit too much. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sticker Shock, need a new plan
June 02, 4:03pm

Re: when the world of high fashion and technical outerwear intersect many times
What a waste of good down! Um - maybe it was cheap feathers instead? Cheers

In GEAR » when the world of high fashion and technical outerwear intersect many times
June 02, 3:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mids in Wind, Storms
> I'm guessing this would be sufficient: Looks good to me. Cheers

In GEAR » 'Mids in Wind, Storms
June 02, 1:28am

Re: Re: Re: silnylon rain gear question
> Well if sil doesn't wet out, etc, why can't I shake nearly all the water off after > a good rain on a sil tarp? IF the surface is staying really wet - which does not normally happ...

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear question
June 02, 1:26am

Re: tarp -> tent
Rather neat and clean. Cheers

In Make Your Own Gear » tarp -> tent
June 02, 1:15am

Re: Glue/expoxy for carbon fiber tent pole sleeve insert thingy
Any epoxy or superglue will work. Cheers

In GEAR » Glue/expoxy for carbon fiber tent pole sleeve insert thingy
June 01, 5:34pm

Re: Seeking shoe advice for 1200km hike
Forget all the membrane shoes: they are heavier and they make your feet go 'pruney'. And if you get water inside them, the water can NOT drain out. Low-cut light-weight joggers will be f...

In GEAR » Seeking shoe advice for 1200km hike
June 01, 5:32pm

Re: Specific boot eyelet required, please help
Straight to Salomon head office. Don't bother with local offices or dealers - they do not want to know. Cheers

In GEAR » Specific boot eyelet required, please help
June 01, 5:01pm

Re: silnylon rain gear question
It does not breath, and you will get wet from sweat. Normal. No, silnylon does not 'wet out and become soaked' in the way other fabrics do. Think of it as a thin sheet of reinforced sili...

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear question
June 01, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger Caffin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Skinny Skis, Jacksons Hole XC Skis
My wife and I had to re-equip with new XC skis, NNN-BC bindings and boots this year. We found several companies which could supply the models we were looking for and ship overseas (to Australia), and ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 28, 3:08pm

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
I got a pair of the DTV boot socks in a BGT Test. I gave them hell for four months. It didn't seem to have had any effect on them. Roland B is a very helpful guy too.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 06, 3:53am

Coleman Exponent Xtreme Stove
I have been using the Xtreme in the snow for many years. I have never ever had any problems with it. It lights and runs completely reliably. It will run down to -26 C (-15 F) because the gas mix in t...

In Stoves - White Gas
October 24, 4:17pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I've used mine for ... many years now. I was initially irritated by the valve off position, but then I wondered: It is otherwise superbly made: what if the valve position is deliberate? Why would th...

In Stoves - Canister
December 29, 10:04pm