Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 181 - 190 of 743 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...75

Forum » Thread

weight does matter
It seems this commonly aflicts pregnant women, possible due to quick weight gain. I would have someone look at this even if it is to assure you that isn't a heel spur too. Also they can sho...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
August 31, 6:24pm

recent deaths in the climbing world
The climbing world has lost three of its most iconic people recently. 49 year old Craig Luebben died on a North Cascades test piece,the Torrent-Forbidden Traverse when a car sized block of ice cal...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » recent deaths in the climbing world
August 29, 9:24pm

arm warmers
One of the better arm warmers I've used comes from Ibex. Craft, Pearl Izumi,Descente, Sugoi, Giordana, Sock Guy,Castelli,Garneau,DeFeet,Canari,Terry and tons of others make quality arm warmers....

In GEAR » Cycling arm warmers
August 29, 9:19am

the classic symptom
The classic symptom is intense pain when first placing weight gradually letting up as you move around, repeating. I remember the pain getting up in the morning being unbelievable. There are lots ...

In Philosophy & Technique » dealing with heel pain
August 28, 6:37pm

ah the sad, sad promises of time
It's not that I doubt your recent experience it's just if you rolled back the clock like Hollyweird does with calander pages leafing down to the floor you'll find this oft repeated prom...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 27, 8:45am

raingear and its fans
I read somewhere that the founder of Patagonia, Yvon Chouinard, can have his pick of any form of product made but prefers to just get wet. I think about that a lot when my piece wets through and th...

August 26, 9:15am

a very special place
Holden and Stehikin are very special places. You need to return after the first dusting of snow when the tamarack have turned, make the side trip to Domke Lake and Lyman Lake and glacier, you will ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekend October backpacking trip to Cascade Mountains?
August 25, 5:42pm

wow, there are some opinions riding the wind
I see this far more in the cycling industries. People who are carrying either a low body fay but are over thei supposed "BMI" or people who are just carrying some extra weight worrying ab...

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
August 25, 1:02pm

the power of the internet
I would agree with Doug that possibly many of these early innovators might still be around via the internet, in particular Rivendell, Forrest,and some of the other more cottage industry makers. The...

August 24, 2:45pm

leave out the survivalist
I'm with you,leave out the skin the porcupine to eat it stuff there still is some gorgeous country in there.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ed Wardle's trek across the Yukon
August 23, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm