BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 181 - 190 of 279 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Piece of gear to stay focused
BTW, the young lady modelling hats on your website is lovely. And I will be placing an order in a month or two... something cute for my GF and something extra soft and warm for me!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 02, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Piece of gear to stay focused
Very well said, Cat Pee. Sometimes I'm in it for a leisurely scenic stroll; sometimes I have time constraints and a destination driving me. The whole competitive hiking thing seems silly to m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 02, 2:09pm

Re: Tarp above treeline
Wrapped yourself up in your tarp like a burrito, eh? Let's just hope there aren't any Mexican bears around.

In GEAR » Help: Tarp Above Treeline
August 02, 1:51pm

Re: San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
I've done a lot of car-camping and hiking in both areas. Anza Borego can get quite disorienting, like most deserts. It's beautiful, but for such a large area it's best to go with a gu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
August 01, 9:11pm

Re: Re: Pee and POOP jar!
That's why you poop first, then dig the hole. If you dig first, the hole might not be big enough.

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 01, 11:36am

Re: Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
Most plastic spray bottles won't hold up to DEET. My GF has tiny plastic perfume bottles that might do the trick, but I haven't run DEET through them yet. Would certainly work fine for th...

In GEAR » Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
August 01, 10:19am

Pee and POOP jar!
Shoot, I used to live on a sailboat in the middle of San Diego harbor. I had a pee and poop jar! No matter how much you flush and pump a boat's holding tank you can never get rid of the smell...

August 01, 9:56am

Re: Cough Medicine Bottle
Careful with the medicine bottles though; a lot of them use a plastic-coated cardboard disc to form the seal. I use a Pepto Bismol bottle the same way, but replaced the cardboard with some thin ga...

July 31, 11:39pm

Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
I carry an unlubricated rubber in my pack. Good emergency water storage if you have to cover an unexpected dry stretch of trail. Fill it up (easier said than done), tie a knot to close it, wrap i...

July 31, 9:47pm

Re: Backpacking with a Newborn
My son will be seven months old by Christmas, so I'm angling for a Deuter Kid Comfort baby carrier. Will also need to get him some long pants so his chubby little legs don't get sunburned!

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking with a Newborn
July 30, 11:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.