BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 181 - 190 of 287 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Adding foam to shoulder straps?
The real problem with the Flash 18 and 22 packs isn't the shoulder straps, it's the virtually nonexistent hip-belt. Not much you can do to take the load off your shoulders there. Wider st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding foam to shoulder straps?
August 05, 11:20pm

Re: Current conversations with JMT hikers
Well in my case, if I went out right now I'd be BPH. I'm coming at this from a car-camping set of gear. I used to get out several times a year with my wife (now my ex), and she liked to b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 05, 10:39pm

Re: Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
I've heard good things about www.jacksrbetter.com I'm saving up for the Sierra Stealth myself, but they do make a few quilts for colder temps. Worth checking out.

In GEAR » Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
August 05, 9:00pm

Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
"Some actions that ought to be legal are not." First line from Chapter 11 of 'Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide For The Rest Of Us' The chapter title: How to leave your baby...

In Chaff » Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
August 05, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Re: First Backpack and First Post
That actually made quite a bit of sense. Thanks for the details, and I look forward to seeing any sketches you might find.

In Make Your Own Gear » First Backpack and First Post
August 04, 7:44pm

Re: First Backpack and First Post
Impressive work! I like the use of bamboo; it's a great material for that application. Can you show or tell us more about your design process?

In Make Your Own Gear » First Backpack and First Post
August 04, 3:19pm

Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
I guess I could weigh a rubber, but how would I measure the capacity? I mean, they're only designed to hold a teaspoon or so, but I've gotten one up to two or three liters....

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 03, 10:10am

Re: FS: Exped DownMat 7 - Down filled Mattress
Two pounds of heaven, right there.

In Gear Swap » FS: Exped DownMat 7 - Down filled Mattress
August 02, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Piece of gear to stay focused
BTW, the young lady modelling hats on your website is lovely. And I will be placing an order in a month or two... something cute for my GF and something extra soft and warm for me!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 02, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Piece of gear to stay focused
Very well said, Cat Pee. Sometimes I'm in it for a leisurely scenic stroll; sometimes I have time constraints and a destination driving me. The whole competitive hiking thing seems silly to m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 02, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.