Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 181 - 190 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: lightweight/smallish feature rich camera?
I recently got the Canon SD800 and I really like it. It has numerous features: image stabilization, video capture, panorama stitch helper, face recognition, macro setting, optical viewfinder, 3.8...

In Photography » Olympus Stylus 850 SW
February 13, 1:49pm

Re: Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
I have had a few conversations with Rand over the past few days about the Ti-Tri and cooking efficiency in general that I think might useful: "One of the bigger mis-conceptions about titani...

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 11, 1:33pm

Busbuddy under spinnaker tarp
Does anyone have any experience using the Bushbuddy under a spinnaker tarp? Is the spinnaker cloth sensitive to sparks?

In GEAR » Esbit or Alcohol Stove?
January 23, 1:23pm

Re: Sleeping Bag or Quilt - When Weight & Loft are the Same!
I noticed that fill weights for both the bag and the quilt are about the same (11.5 vs 11 oz in size M). This means that there is 11 oz in the quilt (only a top layer) vs 11.5 oz spread around the...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 14, 2:18pm

Mt. Rogers
I have no experience backpacking in Mount Rogers NRA, but I did an awesome dayhike on the Wilburn Ridge Trail (starting from the Massie Gap Trailhead) last spring. A massive t-storm thwarted my fi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Rogers
January 09, 7:31pm

Glacier accomodations
I would also have to recommend the Many Glacier lodge. Its spectacular location and proximity to great hiking makes up for its slightly outdated interior (when I went in 2003). I think they were ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Brainstorming and trip planning assistance for a trip to Glacier National Park
January 09, 7:13pm

replacing windshirt w/ Isotope
Is the SD Isotope really breathable enough to replace a windshirt? I highly doubt it. Although the Isotope is very light, from what I've heard about the jacket (including what is said in the ...

In GEAR » Opinions of the OR Zealot jacket
January 05, 3:00pm

USA base layers
Roger and Carol - The base layer with a brushed interior reminds me of the Pat R1 bottoms (I just got a pair on a recent Pat closeout sale which I think is still going on). I could be way off...

In Editor's Roundtable » Post-Trip Assessment of Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking
January 02, 8:10pm

Golite Ultra 20
I'd love to buy one, but it seems to be only available in the Short length :( If anyone needs one in the smaller size use the coupon code 2BY-1-CTLR6 to get 20% off at backcountry.com! (origin...

In GEAR » Marmot Atom at Steep and Cheap
December 30, 9:27am

GoLite Ultra
I spotted the Ultra on both backcountrygear.com and backcountry.com. At backcountry.com there appears to be only Short and Long available (2 still left). I think the weight listed on backcountry...

In GEAR » Marmot Atom at Steep and Cheap
December 29, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am