BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 181 - 190 of 833 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...84

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
I am pondering the same question. I have a 4L Dromlite, which weighs 3.6 oz (mine is old style, does not have the "handle" at the neck). I'm leaning toward using that, mainly because ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
July 19, 1:53pm

Re: Does This Pack Fit?
I would say you are at the top end of the range for that pack to fit, and with only 13 lbs in it it might sag if loaded more. OTOH, the next size up (if I read the GG website right) is 4" tall...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 13, 11:18pm

Re: to trekking pole or not to trekking pole...
You'll hear many opinions on this one. My 2 cents: I've always liked using one pole, and over the years have used old ski poles, golf club shafts, and sticks. Never tried using two until I ...

In GEAR » to trekking pole or not to trekking pole...
July 12, 10:21pm

Re: re Stove Stakes and Tripod designs - Weight!
Thinking about this I have to ask how much of the "skittering" issue is due to fuel line stiffness and how flexible can you get the fuel line to be while retaining sufficient durability a...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 2
July 12, 10:12pm

Re: very simple, quick, no simmer recipes--how to make beans and rice interesting.
Corn chips make for a nice addition - they'll still have a little crunch if you don't wait too long on the redhydration. And you can try the seasoned varieties for more zip.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » very simple, quick, no simmer recipes--how to make beans and rice interesting.
July 11, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stove Stakes
Yep, probably a tad heavier if attached. But you won't lose them, and they would be where you need them when you need them. Could also be laser or waterjet cut out of sheet stock.

July 11, 3:54pm

Re: Re: Stove Stakes
"stake" in the form of a small eyebolt but not threaded; riveted to each leg with plastic washer(s) for friction fit; rotate into downward position for use as stake; rotate into retracted...

July 10, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Colour?
My 2 cents on the colour: Very much agree that the winter tent should be orange/red/yellow for visibility. I've been in storms where even my orange tent was barely visible from 30 feet away - a...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
July 10, 1:08pm

Re: Western Sierra Hike Suggestions for Noobs
For spectacular, you won't beat Desolation unless you drive further. Permits are not always easy to get, though. And the boat ride can be fun if you go in via Echo - though pricey. There are...

In GEAR » Western Sierra Hike Suggestions for Noobs
July 10, 12:59pm

2 poles can be better than one
I've had my MSR twin peaks in some fierce winds and it was great. With adjustable poles - especially if they have flicklock type adjusters - you can jack up from the inside and really get it ti...

In GEAR » Most storm worthy trekking pole tent?
July 10, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.