BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 181 - 190 of 902 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Tahoe - Yosemite Trail
Late July/early august = buggy most years, so aiming for high elevations/breezy spots to camp is a good idea in that area. Scenery generally less grand than further south but very nice still. I wou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe - Yosemite Trail
November 18, 6:00pm

Re: Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
I have carried dry, aged parmesan (the good stuff) in a chunk for up to two weeks no problem in daytime temps up to 75 degrees or so. I'd take a chunk and grate or shave as you need it. Tiny gr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
November 18, 5:27pm

Re: Cold lower back: how did you solve the issue of clothes riding up?
interlocking layers. My base layer shirt is tucked into my long johns, my mid-layer is tucked into my puffy pants. So if my puffy jacket rides up, as it occasionally does, I'm still pretty wel...

In Winter Hiking » Cold lower back: how did you solve the issue of clothes riding up?
November 18, 5:23pm

Re: ULA Stiff MeshType ?
What's your intended use?

In Make Your Own Gear » Stiff Mesh ?
November 16, 11:10am

FS: eVent fabric
3 yds black eVent; face fabric is mini ripstop, fabric weight is 3.64 oz.sq yd by my scale and calcs (16.9 oz. for 55 1/2" x 108 1/2") Just bought this from OWF, but had change of plan...

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent fabric
November 15, 4:25pm

Re: TNF Red Blaze seems too good to be true
I bet there's a mistake there somewhere. Do the math: 133 gm/sq. m = 3.92 oz/sq yd even if the liner is .9 oz fabric, you have 1.9 plus .9 plus 3.92 which is 6.72 oz/ sq. yd. for the sandwich...

In GEAR » TNF Red Blaze seems too good to be true
November 12, 6:10pm

points to consider
There seems to be some debate about how effective the reflective aspect of the RR solar is if used in a combination of pads. So the safe bet is to downgrade the R-rating of that pad if used that wa...

In GEAR » Results of comparing r-value, cost and weight to Downmat vs. Synmat
November 12, 5:40pm

Re: Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
Go east. It's going to be much easier to get where you want to go if you come out on the east side. Either go up Mono creek, over Mono Pass and out Rock Creek, or go slightly longer and go up P...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
November 10, 2:33pm

Re: Wind Screen
Just to clarify my post about the melting parts, I had the same stove (Coleman F1 Ultralight) and my son borrowed it, and using it with a foil windscreen halfway around the stove, he melted that pl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind Screen
November 07, 5:33pm

Re: eVent available on OWFINC
Indeed. In fact I just got 3 yds. of the black (which I now don't need because I scored 5yds of even lighter eVent from another BPL member) I inquired and OWF told me the black was the lightest...

In Make Your Own Gear » eVent available on OWFINC
November 06, 9:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.