Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 181 - 190 of 695 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...70

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Good pot cozy video...also not bringing FBC food to the boil.
Chilly Mac is probably a good tester for you US people. Yep, there would definitely be a patience/heat play-off here. I'm betting its on a nice bell-curve though (the time to cook vs maximum...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Good pot cozy video...also not bringing FBC food to the boil.
March 27, 9:00am

Good pot cozy video...also not bringing FBC food to the boil.
Youtube brought this up as "recommended" for me. Turns out, its pretty good (way way better than most backpacking/UL videos posted on youtube). Worth watching. Skip the first thirty se...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Good pot cozy video...also not bringing FBC food to the boil.
March 27, 1:35am

Re: Guyline stretch
I like Colin's points above too.

In GEAR » Stretchy cord for tent guy lines?
March 27, 1:05am

Re: Re: Sale on the NEW LiteTrail Titanium Tent Stakes, Shepherd's Hook
I prefer less back end too. In fact, I prefer a straight stake. I find the big back end a twisting pain in the neck. It allows small amounts of lateral sideways movement in a guy line to apply twis...

In Gear Deals » Sale on the NEW LiteTrail Titanium Tent Stakes, Shepherd's Hook
March 27, 12:57am

Re: Going travelling / 4-season backpacking gear
Try and apply UL to your "other" kit as well. You'd be surprised how awful it is carrying 95L worth of stuff whilst travelling. This shouldn't be too hard. Adding a second set of ...

In Gear Lists » Going travelling / 4-season backpacking gear
March 26, 9:13am

Re: Potty Trowel.... What?
Come bushwalking with me in Australia sometime, and try and use a stick or your heel... Hard and/or rocky ground its easier. Even in soft ground it can be a lot neater. Eg being able to get a...

In GEAR » Potty Trowel.... What?
March 20, 9:35pm

Re: MYOG
Link? I'm kinda interested in taking a look if its cheap and doing my own. Cheers

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG UL Chest Pack
March 20, 9:57am

Re: MYOG UL Chest Pack
This is cool. Just trying to get my head around the straps, so they go over your shoulder and that cross over sits between your shoulder blades on the back? So it doesn't directly attach to you...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG UL Chest Pack
March 20, 2:21am

Re: Re: SUL and sleep clothes
Concur with Dale. Also, in SUL, investing in a very light air pillow is worth the weight for a couple of ounces, so that you can definitely use your clothing for extra warmth. Even a rain jacket is...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and sleep cloths
March 20, 1:52am

Re: WTB BPL Firelite 475ml Trappers Mug (New Style) or MLD 475ml Pot (New Style)
I think you've still got plenty of time to be getting gear and shaving weight. Are you planning on using the trapper mug just as a mug, supplementary to one of your other pot? Have you thoug...

In Gear Swap » WTB BPL Firelite 475ml Trappers Mug (New Style)
March 20, 1:24am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.