BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 181 - 190 of 532 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...54

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Olympus news"
Rick and Miguel, what do you think about the size of the kit lens? In the pictures, it looks pretty long to me. While the camera body is very compact, having such a long lens would kind of frustrat...

In Photography » Olympus news
May 29, 6:57pm

Re: Light and Fast Packs for Bikepacking
I have an Adventure Light 20L and love it, so does my fiance, to the point where I can barely get to use it myself. I can definitely see the torso length being a limiter in tall people, but if it f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Light and Fast Packs for Bikepacking
May 23, 1:20am

Re: Re: Re: Thought Provoking Post
I watched that film on the American health care system by that doco dude who did Bowling for Columbine (can't remember his name...) a couple of months ago. Your health care system sucks, it isn...

In Chaff » Thoiught Provoking Post
April 03, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Wide angle m43 lens: Oly 12mm f/2.0 vs Oly 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6
I'm glad people like my picture, that really makes my day :-) Whichever lens you pick, you aren't going to go very wrong. Pick what suits your budget and what you think, and then don'...

In Photography » Wide angle m43 lens: Oly 12mm f/2.0 vs Oly 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6
April 02, 12:43am

Re: Wide angle m43 lens: Oly 12mm f/2.0 vs Oly 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6
Hi Trevor I used to have the 9-18mm. It is a good lens, nothing wrong with it really apart from a little bit of vignetting with some filters at 9 and 10mm and maybe a little distortion at that e...

In Photography » Wide angle m43 lens: Oly 12mm f/2.0 vs Oly 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6
March 19, 6:10pm

Re: :)
Dug, can you give us more info on the Bamboo frame? Depending on what it is and what you need, I might have a couple of old/new bits lying around that might work with it. Just need to post them fro...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Coast to Coast on a Bamboo Recumbent
March 14, 6:04pm

Re: Awesome Advice
Nice work That's some solid gear, which is a good thing. It will last a while. I wouldn't consider the jacket a luxury item, its solid and dependable. 10lbs is light enough. Don't...

In Gear Lists » Help a newbie out! $300 bucks to upgrade this kit. What to do?
March 01, 12:26am

Re: Foldup Touring
Also, I just realised you want some advice on their backpack setups on the bromptons. To be honest, looking at the pictures of their set ups scares me a little. Its a lot of gear, not secured fanta...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Foldup Touring
February 28, 6:11pm

Folder touring
I've toured on a folding trike ;-) But in all seriousness, go for it. There are quite a few good folders out there now, Bromptons, Bike Fridays are probably the best, followed by Dahons. ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Foldup Touring
February 28, 6:00pm

Thankyou
Thankyou, all, for this thread. I'm depressed, post-trip. I got back mid August last year, from a 9 month RTW cycle tour. Biggest thing I've ever undertaken. Pales my PhD as nothing in c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post Thru-Hike - What Was Your Re-entry Experience Like?
February 26, 9:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.