David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 181 - 190 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...178

Forum » Thread

eVent vs epic
Not exactly your question. I once tried a gaiter of eVent on one leg and one of Epic on the other. The breathable fabric was WAY more drafty than the eVent. No great surprise, I sweated easily ...

In GEAR » Wind and eVent v.s. Gore-Tex
March 04, 1:06pm

sil vs cuben .74
A simple test. the seam between the fabrics is just rolled over and stitched once. I applied body weight and jumped a bit. The main rolled seam held and the cuben fiber tie out connection stretche...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 04, 12:44pm

Re: Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
Simple seam with .51 cuben one side 1.3 oz silnylon other side. Pulled to failure. Stitching, cuben and silnylon all failed together at 42 lbs. The fabrics are comparable in strength in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 01, 6:46pm

density of foam- warmth vs durability
Increase density, and tear strength etc increases. Decrease density, and warmth per weight increases. Also, the thinner the pad, the lower the tear strength. In other words there are trade offs.

In GEAR » Ultralight Closed-Cell Foam Mat?
March 01, 10:34am

Drop feed or needle feed or compound feed
The most common machines are drop feed, or for upholstery, compound (with both a walking foot and needle). Needle feeds split the difference and work well with light and slippery fabric. They are ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Double Needle sewing machines?
February 25, 12:34pm

cougar wrestler
"A former college wrestler fended off a cougar attack on a popular hiking trail in Olympic National Park by locking his legs around the animal and squeezing its throat with his hands. Phil And...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 22, 2:18pm

double needle
Reverse is nice. Independent needles are nice. Fabric puller/roller can be helpful on sticky or slick stuff. Needle feed is very nice. Oil bath if you sew a lot.

In Make Your Own Gear » Double Needle sewing machines?
February 22, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Modified Felled Seam
Roger- What you are talking about is stitching and then top stitching? Many manufacturers that seam tape use this, since the raw edges of the fabric will be under the tape anyway. There is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Felled Seam
February 22, 2:02pm

Free Sump Screen
Noseeum net scraps. Free to a good home. Self addressed stamped envelope for one. Dave Olsen 652 Elm Tree Drive Colville, WA 99114 do@owareusa.com 888-292-4534 http://blog.owareusa...

In GEAR » Sump Screen
February 22, 12:28pm

Cheap Cheap Cheap
Found at picnic site. Imperial Stainless paring knife. Took an edge well with an old farmer's stone. Won't fold up on you, easy to clean, reaches to the bottom of the peanut butter jar, ki...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
February 22, 12:18pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm