BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 181 - 190 of 6041 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...605

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Vitriol
"Calm down, Tom. Don't get your panties in a bunch." ???

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2
July 01, 7:50pm

Re: Vitriol
"I thought I'd need a facebook account and a webcam to get infamous for my underwear." Nah, you just need to change your name to Wiener.

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2
July 01, 7:36pm

Re: Pressure
"I am also aware that there are pressures on men that can put them in a no win situation." It is refreshing, and encouraging, to hear a woman mention this often overlooked problem that...

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
July 01, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you stay clean?
"Ah well, Darwin Awards and self destruction: nothing like it. Carry on." I was wondering who would hit the post button first. +1 Darwin rules. As always. ;0))

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you stay clean?
July 01, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Re: hmm
"So you guys are living in some serious land of denial if you think that girls don't have cultural pressure to NOT be smart and to avoid VERY the male-dominated fields of math and science....

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
July 01, 5:45pm

Re: $.91 360 Calorie generic Pro Bar from Winco
Looks good, except for the partially hydrogenated soybean oil.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » $.91 360 Calorie generic Pro Bar from Winco
July 01, 5:10pm

I wonder
if the cat is now experiencing a serious case of "alligator's revenge"? That's some pretty nasty eatin'.

In On the Web » Feeling sorry for an alligator...
July 01, 5:07pm

Very nice
trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The pictures conveyed the essence of the trip very well indeed. Your daughter is one lucky child to have parents that take the care you did in intro...

In Post-Trip Reports » Got Our Fix
July 01, 5:04pm

Re: "Lips that touch pot..."
"Now I understand." That damn hindsight again. Cost me many a busy evening as well, albeit not because of an aversion to pot. I lucked out in that regard, because in Michigan back in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yosemite prohibits drones
June 30, 5:47pm

Re: I carry script drugs...
" At my advanced age I am all for "short-suffering" if I must suffer. No hair shirts for me." +1 A basic insight gained thru the experience that comes with age is that ther...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emergency drugs?
June 30, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm