BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 181 - 190 of 417 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...42

Forum » Thread

Lightest Tent Stakes?
Lightest stake for your pack weight? Sticks you find on the ground. My philosophy is this, carry a couple of normal ti shepherds and a couple of long groundhogs or eastons, leave the rest at home a...

In GEAR » Lightest Tent Stakes?
February 14, 3:41pm

underwear
I've had good luck with underarmour cold gear or nike drifit in cold wet 32 degree +- conditions. I cut the long legs off around the knees ( doesn't sag or ride up) and the sleeves @3/4 or...

In GEAR » Rainwear for dangerous rain…
February 14, 3:23pm

dangerous rain
Driducks: light , inexpensive, doesn't leak and stays as dry inside as anything else and frankly drier than most. Patch if necessary with duct tape, roomy fit and good generous coverage with no...

In GEAR » Rainwear for dangerous rain…
February 13, 8:41pm

WTB MLD Bug Bivy
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Bug Bivy
February 13, 8:15pm

Oahu hiking ideas
I lived on the north shore from '77 to '79 so my info is dated. There are a couple of state parks with camping and trails in the mountains. One is Aiea Heights I think and there are trails ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oahu hiking ideas
February 13, 8:02pm

WTB MLD Bug Bivy
the one I have is 82" long but 32" wide. Cuben bottom so lighter than the current model. New last summer/spring and never used or not yet. Not exactly a bathtub floor. @ 4.5 to 5oz. Have ...

February 13, 5:02pm

Grand Gulch/ Cedar Mesa Utah advice needed"
Martin, there's a way out of deer canyon on the east side about 1/2 way between Polly's and Collins; maybe 5 miles upstream from Collins on the east side that is actually much nearer to...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Gulch/ Cedar Mesa Utah advice needed
February 13, 11:00am

WTB MLD Bug Bivy
I might. Give me a PM

February 13, 7:47am

Lighter replacement for paracord for emergency use and/or bear bag hang cord"
Zing-It

In GEAR » Lighter replacement for paracord for emergency use and/or bear bag hang cord
February 10, 5:06pm

Look into your Crystal Ball
That graphs kinda hard to read but looks like most years there 1s some significant additional snow in late March and April and then by May the levels started falling off a cliff but didn't real...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 2:01pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm