Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 181 - 190 of 241 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

I like the Old Backpacker Mag!
Gee, long articles of great adventures by normal folks, environmental issues, solid photography, gear reviews, big leather boots...OK, the boots I can now live without. But isn't the mag more ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skiing the JMT
January 21, 11:35am

How can you buy the stove in US?
I like this stove. How could I buy one in the USA? Is it sold thru some dealer that would ship it? Thanks, Scott

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cone gas conversion
January 08, 10:14pm

So Far So Good
I have only had the Spot II out 3-4 times but so far it seems to get all of my messages through. There has been some learning on my part and I did not get the tracking feature. The only message t...

In GEAR » Spot II effectiveness
November 30, 5:03pm

It might be an Expedition
The "Expedition" title was their most popular pack for a number of years. This looks like it to me, especially the square top pocket. When Lowe first came out you could get the Expedition...

In GEAR » 1987 Lowe Alpine Pack: Can You Identify It?
November 12, 11:05pm

Caution with the oven-Boots will Burn!
My hiking buddy was making late night preparations before a winter trip and put his boots in the oven to melt the sno-Seal into the leather. He got distracted and came back to find that the heat h...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sno-Seal Original Beeswax Waterproofing for Leather
October 27, 6:06pm

Quilt Sold
Awaiting payment

In Gear Swap » FS Down Quilt
October 16, 11:24am

FS One Person SilTarp-Sold
Homemade tarp 13 oz. Shaped tarp with overhangs, similar to the BPL MYOG Tarp. Front side is 51", Rear side is 35", Catanary cut Ridge is 98". Not seam sealed. $65 includes shiippi...

In Gear Swap » FS One Person SilTarp
October 15, 12:04pm

velcro question
The velcro is normal velcro not omnitape. I put hook on one side and loop on the other, so when you pack it up you can join them together and keep them away from other stuff. I made it to wrap un...

October 15, 11:53am

Down Hood now added
I am adding a Down Hood that makes this a warmer sleeping system. Additional weight is 3.6 oz. The hood is fully baffled and three dimensional. With the hood stuck to your head, you can sleep on...

October 15, 9:53am

Quilt Still for sale
Dave, I responded this morning.

October 14, 9:04pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.