BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 181 - 190 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Dimensions
The Length of the bottom is 6'10". The girth where the mesh meets the breathable nylon ripstop is 70" around. I threw my NeoAir inside it and there are about 5 inches on each side o...

In Gear Swap » FS Meteor Bivy
October 05, 8:48pm

Tarp is Sold
The tarp is made with Silnylon and is brand new condition. Maybe I should make a couple more tarps...

In Gear Swap » FS One Person Tarp
October 05, 8:29pm

Meteor Bivy
The pictures are with my beefiest winter down bag, which makes the bivy look small. It is actually quite roomy and has a zipper that goes around the upper half of the bivy at the floor level.

October 05, 5:26pm

FS One Person Tarp
One Person Tarp with Beaks. 107" long 85" wide. Packs to 8x7x3 Weight 13.3 oz. Catanary cut ridge. Seams sealed. $45 including shipping CONUS

In Gear Swap » FS One Person Tarp
October 05, 5:22pm

Model year
It is around 8 years old. You might be better off measuring the front arc to determine the pole length. I have not had the tent for a long time. I seem to recall some funky flaps on the bottom 8...

In Gear Swap » Free-Vestibule for ID Mk I Tent
October 01, 9:21am

Washing a down bag
I have wshed my own bags and have had other bags cleaned professionally. If there is someone who knows what they are doing, I think it is worth paying to have it done right. I one dried a bag in ...

In GEAR » Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
September 29, 9:14pm

Meteor bivy Materials
I made the top with 1.3 breathable ripstop with DWR from Thru-hiker and the bottom is Silnylon. The mesh is no-seem.

September 29, 8:50pm

FS Meteor Bivy
This is home-made using the pattern from the Six-Moons Designs website. Weight 9.4 oz. $60 includes free shipping in CONUS

September 29, 7:26pm

Bivy is sold
Pending payment

In Gear Swap » FS Epic Bivy
September 28, 2:22pm

Vestible is Sold
Matt has it coming to him.

In Gear Swap » Free-Vestibule for ID Mk I Tent
September 27, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.