BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 181 - 190 of 236 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Quilt Sold
Awaiting payment

In Gear Swap » FS Down Quilt
October 16, 11:24am

FS One Person SilTarp-Sold
Homemade tarp 13 oz. Shaped tarp with overhangs, similar to the BPL MYOG Tarp. Front side is 51", Rear side is 35", Catanary cut Ridge is 98". Not seam sealed. $65 includes shiippi...

In Gear Swap » FS One Person SilTarp
October 15, 12:04pm

velcro question
The velcro is normal velcro not omnitape. I put hook on one side and loop on the other, so when you pack it up you can join them together and keep them away from other stuff. I made it to wrap un...

October 15, 11:53am

Down Hood now added
I am adding a Down Hood that makes this a warmer sleeping system. Additional weight is 3.6 oz. The hood is fully baffled and three dimensional. With the hood stuck to your head, you can sleep on...

October 15, 9:53am

Quilt Still for sale
Dave, I responded this morning.

October 14, 9:04pm

Details
As for Length, it is good for me at six feet tall, I can't recommend it to someone a lot taller. The widest Girth is 54 inches. When it was 15 degrees, I had on mid weight thermals and the equi...

October 13, 7:30pm

Down Quilt
More photos

October 13, 1:51pm

FS Down Quilt-Sold
I made this quilt with materials from Thru-Hiker: 1.1 oz Ripstop, 800+ down. Weight is 20 oz. and I have had it down to 15 degrees. 2 1/2 to 3 inches of loft. It has a draft collar at neck to seal...

October 13, 1:49pm

Keep it wide enough
My only advice would be to add extra width for the quilt. I am always surprised by how much the quilt "narrows" after you stuff it. And on a cold an windy night, I am always wanting mor...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Quilt
October 07, 6:17pm

Stay tuned..
I grabbed some fabric today, and I'm thinking of making a couple of shaped tarps-like the BPL MYOG project tarp. Maybe a little longer. I'm also thinking of a big three person tarp. I...

In Gear Swap » FS One Person Tarp
October 07, 6:10pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.