BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 181 - 190 of 5285 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Packs
I don't feel other packs are similar to Dan's in how they carry. But I have lots of miles on mine so I can say that, especially after using a couple of the very popular UL internal frame pa...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 9:39pm

Packs
For the past 3+ years I have used three packs almost exclusively: - zPacks Zero - McHale Bump - McHale LBP The pack choice for each trip depends mostly on duration, total weight of everythi...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is Capilene?
On track... Capilene is good stuff. I have several iterations of it. I have read "let my people go surfing." Not impressed. I am sure you can find many negative book reviews via Googl...

In GEAR » What is Capilene?
January 10, 3:18pm

Re: Re: Mitch, John, Nick
"You are asking valuable questions and I too give a big +1 to them, but I also think they can coexist along side a generally agreed upon definition." There is nothing wrong with defini...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 10, 11:29am

Re: environment
First, capilene is good stuff... but they keep changing it. And who are we to judge them or any company as moral stewards of the environment? We who have many backpacks, when we only really n...

In GEAR » What is Capilene?
January 10, 10:58am

Re: Re: About the ads
Jerry, You have a MLIFE membership so you can turn off the ads within BPL. Have you tried to remove malware from your computer to speed things up? There are free programs like AdAware, Sp...

In Community Support Forum » BPL has Ads now ?
January 10, 10:13am

Re: Re: Re: the real questions
Do we really need to document our trips? Maybe special ones. And Tom is right, writing a trip report on the Forum here is more than painful. For this reason, I post most on my blog these days. T...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 4:41pm

Re: SUL Clothing System
Jeremy, Seems you are asking a lot of questions about SUL gear in multiple threads. While it is possible to accumulate a SUL kit in this manner, it might be a better approach to take your cur...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Clothing System
January 09, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Let's Start Over From The Beginning
"Why do I suspect the sole reason for this entire post was this last line?" Male fixation on pp's ?

January 09, 9:43am

Let's Start Over From The Beginning
Cesar has good intentions. Let's stop criticizing and think the subject through. First step is to go back are re-read my dissertation on the case for the English System of Weights and Measur...

January 09, 1:22am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am