Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Thomas Burns (nerdboy52) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
About Me English professor at Ohio Wesleyan University, Director of Perkins Observatory

Words to live by: "Alas, poor Yogi. I knew him, Horatio. He was a bear of infinite appetite. So they shot him."

More words to live by: "Yeah, I'm a nerd. Want to make something of it . . . punk?" ;vD

Even more words to live by:
Solvitur ambulando.
"it is solved by walking."
St. Augustine
CityColumbus
StateOH
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListShoulder season gear list 2

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Burns

Showing 181 - 190 of 823 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...83

Forum » Thread

Visor Buff (not Evo 2)
>Interesting, versatile piece of kit, but it does not seam to cover the ears as well as a baseball cap and bandanna. Sure it does. (We're talking the original Visor Buff, not Evo 2.) Wear...

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
June 07, 7:18am

Visor buff
Can't beat them at 1.5 oz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z02rv8Dp-E

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
June 06, 7:51pm

The door
>I am interested in your door. It's from the hexamid single right? Vit, Yes, it is, but I think it will work on both the single and the double. Post an mail address in your profile, an...

In GEAR » Hexamid - to beak or not to beak?
May 31, 12:15pm

Adding the beak
Joe added a beak to mine. I'm sure he's done the same for others. You just can't beat his workmanship and customer service. Stargazer

May 31, 12:10pm

Holes in the mesh
IThis weekend, I pitched my Hex on some pretty rocky/ stick laden ground and got couple of small holes in the mesh. I noticed with fascination as an ant crawled up and down the mesh until it at las...

May 31, 9:27am

zPacks
The lightest of the light come from zpacks.com. Stargazer

In GEAR » Lighter backpack
May 27, 2:16pm

Door
If anybody wants a door, I'd be glad to part with mine. Since I got the beak sewn on, it's been sitting forlornly in my gear closet. Stargazer

May 24, 3:06pm

Silicone spray
I recently made a bivy out of a Heetsheets emergency bivy and one of those stick-on zippers. I'm looking to seam seal/ waterproof the zipper area, so I'm following this discussion with some...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silicone spray
May 24, 11:18am

Sold!
Sold

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Cuben Fiber Ground Sheet
May 24, 11:12am

FS: ZPacks Cuben Fiber Ground Sheet SOLD
SOLD The Solo version, never used, in the green cuben (3.4 oz). I just decided to go another way, ground-sheet-wise. $70 shipped CONUS. Stargazer

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Cuben Fiber Ground Sheet
May 24, 9:26am

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Burns

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
>I think I'll stick with my Wal-Mart water wing pillow, which is about a third the price, a little lighter, and just as comfy if wrapped in my fleece jacket. Yo, Michael. Always looking for ...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 11, 11:18am

Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak
Ditto to the above review. I added a top compression cord by tying a short length of cord to the upper drawcord, looping it over the top, and connecting it to the lifting strap loop with a small carab...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 6:13am