BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 181 - 190 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Finally got the kit to 100% and weighed.
I've had most of this stuff weighed and thrown together into a list without totals. Got motivated to finish off this list which includes a some new pieces I'm hoping to put some miles on t...

In Gear Lists » Finally got the kit to 100% and weighed.
February 06, 11:29pm

Re:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=332915 Friend of a friend, CanaDoug, hiked it this year. Another resource if you need it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any BPLer's completed Te Araroa
February 03, 8:19pm

hm
Along w/ the HMG windrider you could also consider the MLD prophet (exodus as long as you don't have it maxed out) GG Murmur or a Zpacks 20 or 26. Actually after typing that and thinking about...

In GEAR » Carry-on Size UL Pack
February 03, 1:42am

No belt
I don't use one. I like hanging my pack from one shoulder from time to time too, especially going up hill. If your load is light enough the need for the belt diminishes as others have stated....

In GEAR » No Hipbelt
February 01, 8:36pm

water source
I'd have to disagree with being near a water source. These are often the most highly used and impacted sights which kind of contradicts the authors idea of solitude, certainly convenient thoug...

In Philosophy & Technique » Campsite Selection
February 01, 4:31pm

Umbrella
Suppose your right John. Not a logical place to put the Dome though. If you go to the Umbrella section they have a different variety and the Dome is labeled as a shelter accessories. edit: Ye...

In GEAR » Dome Umbrella Source
January 31, 7:49pm

Southern Sun
@Brett You should just post up at the Southern Sun so you can bounce from the bar to Neptune.

In GEAR » Golite is Boulder's North Face.
January 31, 7:44pm

Re:
Heard about it at their 40% off sale several months ago. You can check their website to confirm. They went to more collapsable models to appeal to travel (or daily) use rather than hiking.

January 31, 7:21pm

Dome Umbrella Source
For those of you who were as distraught as I was about the GoLite Dome umbrella being phased out I did a little Google'ing and found what I assume is the source that GoLite themselves got the u...

January 31, 6:46pm

Re:
Fill mine with my extra clothes, typically my rain pants and down jacket and use it as my leg pad.

In GEAR » Leaving Pack Outside Shelter
January 31, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.