BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 181 - 190 of 3292 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...330

Forum » Thread

two lamps
after quite a bit of experimenting w/ several different lamps- I'd agree w/ Art that two lamps>one lamp; I'm using a BD Revolt for a headlamp- rechargeable (via USB) NiMH AAA's or re...

In GEAR » Trail Running Headlamp
July 18, 6:53pm

more info needed
sounds like the guy carrying the shotgun didn't have bear spray (or decided not to use and went for the shotgun)????; got to wonder why would you carry a shotgun, presumably for bear protection...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray AND gun used in bear encounter
July 07, 5:35pm

mirror
or 0.2 oz for the AMK mini signal mirror :) as mentioned before it can be used for to inspect yourself for medical purposes as well- not to mention getting your hair just right for that picture! :)

In GEAR » Missing "essential" items: backup light, whistle, and fire starter
July 02, 10:29am

Re: Re: lithium
which worked just fine-thanks :)

In Gear Swap » FS Marmot Lithium sleeping bag
June 26, 7:59pm

lithium
Greg- thanks for the heads up! re-sized the photo, but it still doesn't show the reply button??? anywho these other posts have a reply button, sooooooooo if you need to reply hit one of them...

June 26, 7:26pm

FS Marmot Lithium sleeping bag
gone-thanks

June 26, 6:53pm

Re: Re: Bic vs. firesteel
David said "But for how important a fire can be when things start going badly, a fire steel SOMEWHERE ELSE in your system is worth it to me." agreed, I don't think redundancy is ne...

June 26, 5:58pm

ladybug

In GEAR » Which sub 0.5 oz knife: Spyderco ladybug or ?
June 26, 8:17am

tinder
while a reliable spark source is certainly needed, when the chips are down- some carried tinder can make the difference between starting a fire and not- I carry 3-4 tinder tabs and a wetfire cube- ...

June 23, 7:44pm

N1 update
Finished a 55k w/ the N1's, had one surprise- early in the race I got a bad blister on top of my left big toe, of course I let it go too long (waiting for the next aid station) and it bled thro...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
June 23, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm