BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 181 - 190 of 355 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...36

Forum » Thread

Primus Etapower Non-Stick 1.7l pot with lid and Built-In Heat Exchanger
This is a pot with a built-in heat exchanger. It is brand new and has never been used. I have been using a smaller cookset, so this needs to go to someone who will use it! With EtaPower Pots y...

In Gear Swap » Primus Etapower Non-Stick 1.7l pot with lid and Built-In Heat Exchanger
March 18, 8:38pm

Modified SMD Vamp Tarp w/ Perimeter Netting------Sold
This started out as a SMD Vamp tarp that listed for $160. I hand sewed a 15" wide strip of no-see-um mesh around the perimeter, and a small piece around the vent. I used small pieces of velcro...

In Gear Swap » Modified SMD Vamp Tarp w/ Perimeter Netting
March 18, 8:18pm

Bivy is Sold!
Sold to Eric! Ty

In Gear Swap » FS:Ultralight Big Guy Bivy by John West
March 18, 1:49pm

FS:Ultralight Big Guy Bivy by John West
I bought this bivy for my son and then bought another slightly bigger one for me. I have had it for less than a year and it has never been used, so time to sell it to someone that will get some use...

In Gear Swap » FS:Ultralight Big Guy Bivy by John West
March 18, 10:27am

Pm sent
How about a SMD Vamp Tarp with perimeter no-see-um mesh? That is a NeoAir 25x77 and a 20x48 old thermarest inside. Very light setup with polycro floor, and solid as a rock in weather.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Six Moon Designs Haven
March 16, 7:14am

Lightheart Gear Tent
I can only comment on rain. They are bombproof!!! They need to be seam sealed before use. Lightheart Gear will do it for an extra $30. I did mine myself. I had been in some serious all day rain and...

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 05, 3:06am

2nd on the Caldera Cone
If the first doesn't work out :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey, Golite, Caldera Cone, Timberline filter, Thermarest, TNF
March 04, 9:58pm

Lightheart Gear Solo or Solong 6
Both are sold as one person tents but the Solong especially will easily fit two friendly people. You look far thinner than me, and my girlfriend and I both fit with no problem. Also the sides roll ...

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 04, 9:56pm

+1 on the Revelation X Quilt from Enlightened Equipment
I have one and it is top notch!!

In Gear Swap » WTD: 3 Season down Quilt
February 21, 3:59pm

Lightheart gear Solong 6
Specifically the Lightheart Gear Solong 6 if you are over 6'1" or are using thick sleeping pads or a thick winter bag. Tons of room for 1 and fits two average size people easily.

In GEAR » Tarptent Options - 1P - Opinions wanted
February 19, 1:02pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am