BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 181 - 190 of 1471 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...148

Forum » Thread

Thanks; Sizing over merino base layer; Where to find?
Thanks Damien for the excellent overview. Do you find you need to size up the Craft PR Thermal Tight one size to leave room for your light merino base layer? Also which online retailers tend to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 2
September 23, 11:35am

How is new Houdini different in performance?
How does the new one differ in performance and fit?

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2012 (or earlier) model Patagonia Houdini Large
August 28, 4:17pm

Eric why down and not synthetic jacket underneath synthetic jacket?
I like the idea of a lighter puffy + heavier puffy insulation jacket instead of a single heavy one. Dane at Coldthistle recommends the Arcteryx Atom LT as an inner layer, and the Atom SV sized a b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Xenon and Patagonia UL Down Hoody: Comparison and Long-Term Review
August 14, 2:45pm

How do you wear/size your Rab Xenon, under or over shell?
For those of you that wear the Xenon, do you have it sized to wear under your shell, or over it as a rest-stop and camp layer?

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Xenon and Patagonia UL Down Hoody: Comparison and Long-Term Review
August 14, 2:41pm

Where to find a good adjustable headband for Olite i3s EOS
Any suggestions on where to find a good adjustable headband for it, which I can secure the light to with zipties?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » headlamp
August 04, 8:32pm

Olite i3s EOS safe with lithium?
It's an excellent light for the weight, having tried an older version. M B, does the manufacturer say it's safe to run with lithium batteries?

August 01, 8:56pm

thanks
In winter I've dried socks inside sleeping bags at night and also inside my puffy parka during the day - but - haven't dried them on my feet while walking around in camp. Not a bad idea if...

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 28, 9:28pm

glad to hear you don't miss the extra lumens
Glad to hear you don't miss the extra lumens. I'm not a fan of blue tint. My modded EOS with the neutral CREE is sooo much nicer to use than the original blue tinted bulb. I've mad...

July 28, 9:11pm

wet socks over the bread bag to dry?
I've used bread bags to keep my feet dry and warm, especially in winter. Do you put the wet socks over the bread bags in order to help dry them?

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 28, 9:04pm

ZebraLight H51w Neutral White or H51 Bluish White LED?
I've tried H51 headlamps belonging to others - they are excellent for the weight. Mark and other ZebraLight H51 users - do you recommend the H51w Neutral Light model which offers up to 172 lum...

July 28, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm