BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 181 - 190 of 1480 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...148

Forum » Thread

Thanks, agreed; Re DWR and breathability
Thanks Steven, agreed - DWR just prevents wet-out. Reason I asked is that I recall a thread in which Richard Nisley was discussing the breathability of various windshirts including the new Patagon...

In GEAR » Applying DWR to winter softshell: Hood + Top Shoulders/Arms or All Over?
October 06, 8:49pm

Windstopper hats drying time; Warm/Sun hat = for sun in cold weather
Dale and Stephen, do you find Windstopper fleece takes forever to dry when it gets wet? Windstopper directly over my ears is a big no no - cuts hearing too much. Though I believe the OR Windsto...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 29, 12:44pm

Performance of Polyester versus Polyester/Nylon blend for softshell
All other things being equal, will a softshell that's about half polyester half nylon with a bit of stretch perform any differently than a polyester softshell with a bit of stretch?

In GEAR » Performance of Polyester versus Polyester/Nylon blend for softshell
September 26, 3:10pm

Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
What are your favorite wind-resistant warm hats for shoulder season/winter? What are your favorite warm hats/system that are sun protective? By system I mean combining different elements, such ...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 26, 3:08pm

Applying DWR to winter softshell: Hood + Top Shoulders/Arms or All Over?
Going to recharge the DWR on my Patagonia Ready Mix Jacket, a polyester softshell which weighs around 15 oz which I use in winter. Since breathability on the move is most important to me, I wa...

In GEAR » Applying DWR to winter softshell: Hood + Top Shoulders/Arms or All Over?
September 26, 2:56pm

Best Quality & Best Value DWR Wash? Atsko/Sno-Seal & Granger
Has anyone used both the Atsko/Sno-Seal and Grangers wash? Are they equally good? Asking because the Atsko is a far better value. An 18 fl. oz (532 ml) bottle of Sport-Wash Scent Free Deterg...

In GEAR » Atsko Permanent Water Guard DWR spray
September 25, 1:59pm

Which other brands of DWR spray do you recommend?
Roger and others, which other brands perform well in your experience? I've found Nikwak doesn't last as long.

In GEAR » Atsko Permanent Water Guard DWR spray
September 23, 4:40pm

Ian you might have 2012 Thermawrap Pro; 2013 updated; Atom SV; Rab Alpine Generator
Ian you might have the 2012 Montbell Thermawrap Pro jacket - the 2013 is supposed to be a few ounces lighter like the pre-2012 Montbell Thermawrap Hoody which is excellent warmth for the weight, wi...

In GEAR » Thermawraps are getting heavy!
September 23, 11:54am

PXC/Storm Tight for cold; All around wind-resistant pants for very cold windy conditions
The Craft PXC Storm Tight looks like a slightly more stylized (just a bit more reflective piping) version of Craft’s Storm tight, a very warm tight that has a windproof front which my wife and I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 2
September 23, 11:43am

Thanks; Sizing over merino base layer; Where to find?
Thanks Damien for the excellent overview. Do you find you need to size up the Craft PR Thermal Tight one size to leave room for your light merino base layer? Also which online retailers tend to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 2
September 23, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm