Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 181 - 190 of 278 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Reply to Miguel
Miguel: The link that was posted several posts above (http://thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=12&cid=39) appears to this layman to be a wonderful and very complete resource on trail nutri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 04, 11:43am

Re: Temperature ratings on sleeping bags. US vs EU
Helge: You have been given some pretty good advice above but in the final analysis much will depend on your metabolism and the conditions in which you find yourself on any given hike. Perhaps by s...

In GEAR » Temperature ratings on sleeping bags. US vs EU
January 03, 4:44pm

Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
John: Thanks for the hyperlink. Great info and nicely laid out, too!

January 03, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Good point, Mark. I, too, lift and it does make a world of difference what you put in the furnace. A variant on Mom's Advice: Garbage in -- Garbage out! How true that is and when I point this ...

January 03, 12:23pm

Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
As others have posted here, carrying between 1 and 1.5lbs of food a day is certainly doable. And as has been noted a lot depends on the proper mix of protein, carb and fat and when it is consumed. ...

January 03, 11:22am

Re: Marmot Bags and a question for readers
(Just cut down the re: re: on the subject line a bit.) I agree PJ. There are a number of us who own MB bags and the consensus seems to be that most of us are blissed out on them.(Not to mention bl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Western Mountaineering Summerlite Sleeping Bag REVIEW
December 21, 7:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marmot Bags and a question for readers
PJ: Because of the rating method that MB employs, both the #3 and #4 intersect with the WM bag and Marmot bag. The sweet spot temp that MB uses for the 8 hours of uninterupted sleep would suggest ...

December 21, 6:44pm

Re: Mont-Bell Super Stretch bag + parka?
Alec: I posted a reader review of MB SS #4 bag and address some ofthe questions you have about wearing hi loft clothes inside. Although not rated as low as the SS #0 bag, I believe my comments are...

In GEAR » Mont-Bell Super Stretch bag + parka?
December 21, 12:32pm

Re: Re: Marmot Bags and a question for readers
Don: I would be interested in a side by side by side comparison with the MB SS #4 rated to 37 degrees. Sewn through vs baffled vs SS with compartmented baffling. The weights of these bags and pric...

December 21, 12:15pm

Re: What hydration system do you use?
For a time I used the internal 2 or 3 liter bladder approach to hydration. But on a long hike where I thought I would find water on the way in sufficiency to fill the bladder, I found none until th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What hydration system do you use?
December 21, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm