BPL Community Profile

Miles Barger (milesbarger) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale West Virginia
About Me I was a guide for many years in Yellowstone, Denali, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Moved to Eugene, Oregon, for my Master's and got a good taste of the PNW. Now I'm in West Virginia making maps for all of our wonderful national parks with the NPS Publications program at Harpers Ferry Center.
CityCharles Town
StateWest Virginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://milesbarger.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miles Barger

Showing 181 - 190 of 290 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Done!
All the supplies arrived and everything is looking great. I've found that I can fit my AquaMira with mixing cap, a contact lens case (each side mixed for treating the bottles of water I keep o...

In GEAR » The absolutely lightest kitchen?
February 28, 11:21pm

McMaster-Carr
Search McMaster-Carr for something like "stainless steel cloth"; it'll get you there. McMaster-Carr may have the most amazingly simple and well-designed webpage I've ever used in...

February 25, 2:46pm

Well...
Yep, I'm on 10.4.8 on a MacBook, running Quicktime 7.1.3, which I think is the most recent, and I've tried Firefox, Camino, Safari, even IE running in CrossOver, even though it hurt me to d...

February 24, 6:24pm

David
David, How dare you insinuate that I'm on Windows using IE? ;) I'm on a mac using Firefox/Safari, and the video still doesn't work for me. However, I was able to download it with the...

February 24, 5:47pm

Getting there
David, Thanks for the durability info. Now that I have the keg in my hand, it's actually a lot more durable than I thought it would be. I see what you mean about hurting it during a "wh...

February 23, 9:05pm

Bearikade
Wow... $200? I think that's out of my price range. I'm hoping that a BearVault like the kind they sell over at Gossamer Gear would be ok? If only Ursacks with aluminum liners could be ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy in Denali?
February 22, 12:01pm

Gotcha
Bandwidth is always a major issue with online multimedia, so I understand where you're coming from. I also completely agree that the content and scope of BPL's articles and podcasts is muc...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Scott Williamson and Yo-Yo-ing the Pacific Crest Trail
February 21, 5:23pm

Durability
David, Still accumulating the supplies to make your set-up. Pretty much just waiting on the can (KY has very silly laws about alcohol and those big kegs are hard to find) and ti windscreen, both ...

February 21, 3:25pm

Recorders + Mics
Glad someone called me out on being too picky! :) I'm not sure that this falls into the "affordable" category, but the Roland R-09 will record up to 24-bit/48kHz WAV and 320kbps MP...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Scott Williamson and Yo-Yo-ing the Pacific Crest Trail
February 21, 2:28pm

Bitrate
Dr. J et al, I'm a composer, electronic musician, and do some audio engineering, so perhaps I'm just too picky. But the 64kbps bitrate of the podcasts drives me nuts! I know it saves you...

February 21, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by Miles Barger

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Peak Shell
I was a guide in Denali NP during the summer of 2008. It rained almost every day for all of July and the first week of August this year, and I was out in it all day, every day. My MontBell Peak She...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 14, 10:59am

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
I bought two pair of Darn Tough's 1/4 Mesh Merino socks in size Large on closeout at an internet retailer. After wearing one pair for a short, 8-mile hike, a hole formed by the big toe on my righ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 02, 5:51pm

Bent Gate Moutaineering Customer Service
Bent Gate Mountaineering I ordered a Western Mountaineering Summerlite from them. The price was very good, the item shipped quickly, and the bag arrived just...

February 19, 12:11pm

ULA Equipment
This review is really a 4.5. Brian has always thoughtfully and informatively responded to my emails. His products are absolutely top notch, and I have no doubt that he would stand firmly behind hi...

February 18, 12:21pm

Marmot Ion
Man, what a disappointment. I, too, got stuck with the Campmor version of the Ion. I'm quite thin and short-waisted, so the Ion's athletic cut and short length were great for me. The fit of...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 18, 12:15pm

Gossamer Gear
I've ordered a handful of pads and small items from Gossamer Gear. The products have always shipped out the next day, I've been kept up to date with good emails, and things have always arrive...

February 18, 12:10pm

ULA H2O Amigo
I've owned the H20 Amigo for about one year, with most of my use concentrated in Yellowstone and the Tetons during the summer of 2006. When I'm by myself, I tend to stick to AquaMira becaus...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 18, 12:06pm

Grand Prairie Knives Customer Service
Grand Prairie Knives I bought a Gerber Microlight LST from the site. The price was great. I entered an incorrect digit when putting in my credit card info. ...

February 17, 2:53pm