BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 181 - 190 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Poncho Sleep system
Bill, I remember the old military poncho's with liners worked real well as a sleep system. I used in the back of my truck a few times. Not familiar with the Cuben material, could you make a liner ...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 27, 3:06pm

Web sale vs. Store sale
I also checked the rei.com web site and did not find Bearvault on sale. Like I posted, it was an in-store sale until July 2nd for $59.99. This is also the sale price at Wilderness Dining EDIT - ...

In GEAR » Bear Canisters (when they're required)
June 27, 2:39pm

Add Nunatak
I bought an Arc Alpinist with the Pertex Quantum shell. While they did not publish the weight with the PQ fabric, the bag fell right in between the 16 oz .85 Fabric and the 18 oz Microlight at 17 oz.

In GEAR » Honest Gear Maker Hall of Fame
June 25, 12:22am

Bear Vault
Right now, Until July 2, REI has an in store sale on BearVault. Normally $79.95 now $59.99.

In GEAR » Bear Canisters (when they're required)
June 24, 10:28am

Work in progress
I like the Helios, it has worked well for me. I also have the Reed pants to go along with the jacket. I'm surprised you chose the Cloudburst over the SMD Lunar, unless you intend to have a partner...

In Gear Lists » Please help my list out
June 21, 2:18pm

Look here
In the Forum "Food, Hydration and Nutrition", there is a subject titled Hydration and water sources. In the threads there, you see a McNett filter straw which may be an alternative, if the CarePlus...

In GEAR » Waterfilter for 21 grams (0.74 oz)!!!
June 21, 2:01pm

Re: Re: BP lower on side
Paul, When I taught CPR in the military back in the 70's that was not part of the process either, but they also used the precordial thump back then. I also remember the turning to side to prevent ...

In GEAR » Torso length pads
June 20, 2:32pm

Rain Jacket
While you can find lower cost items, if you like the GoLite label (which I do too), you might like to hear / read what Dr. J says about the GoLite Helios at Dr.J’s Lost Coast Report I like the f...

June 20, 11:47am

BP lower on side
There must be something to this. I recently completed my CPR re-certification. They have you roll the revived individual onto their right side with the left leg bent to keep them in that position. ...

In GEAR » Torso length pads
June 20, 11:23am

GTX shoes
Matt, You may want to look at Mountain Laurel Design's site and read what their team has to say about goretex shoes. In short, they take forever to dry out and they hold sweat in, which can lead t...

June 17, 12:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm