BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 181 - 190 of 417 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...42

Forum » Thread

and if its cold? and if you need to be clean?
im not a pro or XUL ninja - but IMO if its really cold/wet then you are compromising your feet if you have nothing to warm them up in camp and treat them well. that could be down booties - but you ...

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 30, 3:22pm

Protect and serve
im not a XSUL or anything...but agree with tim and Ray - i would NEVER put my bag outside the pack. RE hammock and tarp/tent - that makes sense to me BUT since all these items are nowadays UL ...

In GEAR » Lighter pack with hammock/quilts mounted to the side or heavier pack with them inside?
August 30, 2:56pm

Alex - its you
Alex Good read...for some reason i couldnt find the your name on the blog....

In GEAR » condensation in WR bivvy is worse (!!?) than WPB one??
August 29, 12:18pm

not helpful
@hobbs although that might be true....its not what i was looking for. I own a double wall tent and a few tarps, and groudsheets and a couple of bivis...obviously my expectations are not the ...

August 28, 9:28am

condensation in WR bivvy is worse (!!?) than WPB one??
came across this post while reading some of mark verbers' thoughts http://40yearsofwalking.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/the-bivy-condensation-conundrum/ Basically (if i got it right) this guy...

August 28, 8:36am

I guess Fizan it is then
Thanks all for the great comments.. sounds like we have a winner now if i could only find someone coming form the Europe to israel to bring them over :( Mike

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 28, 7:36am

OMG..much goo info here
maybe im looking for something that doesnt exist - but i want LW poles that are compact but really robust - dont want to baby them like a cuben fiber tarp... @Ed - thanks! so you are saying you ...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 4:33pm

fizan - wow
@dave reading the details that is quite amazing - how can they be so light? lighter than the Leki carbon4 and lighter than the BD carbon and almost as light as the ultra distance... that soun...

August 27, 2:56pm

collapsed legth
my bad... Yeah - obviously there are some 3/4 section CF poles out there that hit the mark...but i am really tempted by the small collapse size of the Z types of poles... taking a separate ...

August 27, 2:46pm

weight?
@douglas - what is the weight of your VBL? is it from 0.51osy cuben? when you say "for a quilt" i assume you mean shorter than for a full bag? @tom - i had thought of that...but my und...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier Liner
August 27, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am