Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 181 - 190 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

poles
I am still confused by your question. Are there treking poles out there that are not adjustable in length? You definitely don't want those. Two piece vs. three piece, as long as they are als...

In GEAR » optimum length of snowshoe poles; recommended poles
November 21, 9:44am

snowshoe poles
I would definitely recommend adjustable poles like the black diamond flick locks. There is no one length that works for snowshoeing, since it in part depends on how deep the snow is that you are i...

In GEAR » optimum length of snowshoe poles; recommended poles
November 20, 8:37pm

Rebel LEDs
Quote: "There is only one 2 AA Cree from Fenix. The Cree is at least twice the everything than any other non-cree light. If you're looking for the best of the best, stick with the Cre...

In GEAR » Calling flashlighght geeks...
November 15, 6:29am

fenix lights
I would like to get the 2xAA body for mine as well, since I charge 2 batteries at a time, and it would be easier just to put both in at once. My guess is that the 2xAA will be easier to grip and u...

November 14, 7:28pm

fenix
I also bought from the fenix store. I have the AA version, the L1D CE, and I have to say that I am amazed by the amount of light. As much or more than a 4D mag light. But it is probably "to...

November 14, 3:10pm

winter in NE
Are you day hiking or camping overnight? I don't winter camp, but what you describe so far would be plainly inadequate for winter camping in ME/NH/VT or the Dacs. Are you bringing a hooded ha...

In GEAR » Winter Clothing System
November 12, 8:25pm

casio pathfinder
I don't have one so I am not really any practical help. I do have a geko 301 with an altimeter that does work very well for that feature (a gps adjusted altimeter is going to be better than a ...

In GEAR » best watch
October 29, 3:59pm

beyond fleece
Although the link is already listed above, I will point out again that beyondfleece will make custom clothing for you, as big and as tall as you need based on your actual measurements. They don...

In GEAR » Tall floks - Where to get gear?
September 20, 8:27am

BPL Article
I have an old down jacket but would like to upgrade to a much lighter synthetic option. I like to canoe and kayak, so synthetic seems like a better choice there, plus in a survival situation I wou...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 19, 8:28pm

dynamic
I don't think all dynamic is the same; certainly not all supplex is the same. BF might have changed their dynamic material since I bought mine (2-3 years ago). But the simple answer is that I...

In GEAR » Has anyone tried Beyond Fleece's Steel Convertible Pants (Schoeller Dynamic)
September 14, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.