BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 181 - 190 of 1023 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Question for 2010 sublite sil users?
I owned (just sold) a 2 year old sublite sil and loaned it to a lady who used it on the JMT for 25 days. Her hiking poles which I believe were the Black Diamond poles did just well -- I see they h...

In GEAR » Question for 2010 sublite sil users?
January 01, 1:21pm

Re: My 2nd memory photo of 2010 -- hiking with an 84 year old on the JMT
In 2010, I met again, Bruce Lauren (now age 84) on the JMT, whom I met 2 years ago also on the JMT. Each time, he was with his son, Lee, and a friend (age 70 now), named Vern. This is Bruce in 20...

In Photo Gallery » Pictures of 2010
January 01, 12:22am

My memory photo of 2010 -- meeting Reinhold Metzger on the JMT.
I'll remember 2010 as the year I met the legendary JMT hiker, Reinhold Metzger on the JMT. We talked for about 15 minutes. Just an amazing man. Does anyone know his email address? I owe him ...

In Photo Gallery » Pictures of 2010
January 01, 12:12am

Re: Sublite
Bill, the Sublite Sil does have a noseeum mesh vestibule. Not sure if it is identical to the new one. All items have been committed to by the buyers. Presuming the transactions are completed...

In Gear Swap » 3 Ultralight Tents FS (Tarptent/Gossamer Gear models)
January 01, 12:01am

Re: RE: deal
Thanks, Scott. I found The Last Breed the best hiking thriller yet. Too bad the author died before the sequels could be done.

December 31, 9:51pm

Re: FS: NY Eve discount
Craig Gulley is the first to show interest in Squall Classic. Sale pending with him.

December 31, 6:18pm

Re: I'm in for the sublite
Keri is the first to show interest in the sublite sil. Sale pending on her following up.

December 31, 6:16pm

FS: NY Eve discount
If anyone purchases the Tarptent Sublite Sil or the Gossamer Gear Squall Classic before CDT time for 2011 tonight, you get a 5 percent discount on top of the already great deal! Go for it!

December 31, 5:37pm

Re: 3 Ultralight Tents FS (Tarptent/Gossamer Gear models)
Sale pending payment on the Tyvek Sublite. Konrad Chen was first in line. Still for sale are the Sublite Sil and the Squall Classic. Note the typo correction I made above on the Sublite Sil,...

December 31, 5:25pm

Re: 3 Ultralight Tents FS (Tarptent/Gossamer Gear models)
Third tent is a Tarptent Sublite Sil. Specs here: Specs. New, this tent goes for $209. The tent is in great condition and so is the tent sack. The tent was made in the last 2 years. I have a 2...

December 31, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm