BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Where the air is thin
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 181 - 190 of 669 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...67

Forum » Thread

Mated
"Could you use them top to bottom instead of side to side? And how does one get out to go to the bathroom?" Top to bottom would mean one person has two hoods, and the other has none. D...

In GEAR » Buying a second sleeping bag...or is it time for a quilt?
May 31, 3:30pm

Near Glenwood
Not really the distance you were asking about, but how about Hanging Lake as a day hike? Good steep climb to get the lungs working, and a great view at the lake itself. Just get there early as it...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Flat Tops Wilderness help needed
May 31, 2:35pm

Re: Buying a second sleeping bag...or is it time for a quilt?
I have the Versalite in a left zip, and Megalite in a right zip. For three and a half season use (anything but the real depths of winter), they are a perfect complement. I prefer the width of the...

In GEAR » Buying a second sleeping bag...or is it time for a quilt?
May 31, 2:29pm

Orange windshirt
Aye, Stephen - I noticed WPB jackets were generally offered in much more muted colours last time I was over in the UK. But that windshirt will add peace of mind during hunting season hikes over he...

In Philosophy & Technique » **rule** chose bright colored gear
May 29, 2:17pm

Re: Hillary Step on Everest to get ladder
@ Mags - Which reminds me, at what temperature would yak's milk boil atop Everest to make that mochachino? @ Stephen - I can just see it, every country would be clamouring for Most Favoured ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Hillary Step on Everest to get ladder
May 28, 5:31pm

Mochachinos
...and now you know whose product fuels my posts...

May 28, 4:24pm

Ladder
I rather liked the solar powered escalator comment on Neptune Mountaineering's FB post. It's all a bit farcical, the Nepalese are destroying their best-known asset for the sake of filthy l...

May 28, 3:04pm

WM 'deals'
WM don't allow their dealers to advertise discounts. If the dealers do, WM can terminate all business with the retailer. Most storewide 20% type sales will specifically exclude WM. Your be...

In Gear Deals » recommendations for deals on western mountaineering bags
May 22, 10:31pm

Re: Just my experience
Thanks for your kind words, Robert. Agreed fully that this is the kind of shelter you want to have when things could go awry. It's actually my second Soulo - I previously owned and used one i...

In Gear Swap » FS: Hilleberg Soulo
May 22, 5:00pm

Price drop for Soulo
Dropped to $SOLD shipped CONUS, or at cost internationally. Still open to trade offers as above.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hilleberg Soulo
May 22, 2:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am