BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 181 - 190 of 1521 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...153

Forum » Thread

shoes
it happens, its permanent, and it doesnt take a long thru hike, even a much shorter time will begin to cause changes. When I was 22 I wore a 9.5, now I wear a 11.5, and a 12 in hiking shoe. A...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 25, 9:08am

snakes
A snake is a cold blooded reptile, like a fish. It has no concept of hot or cold. Its body is the same temperature as its environment. It is more active in warmer conditions, and moves slower...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
December 24, 11:23am

prs
If they work for you, great. That is the only thing that counts. Most people have tried a few different pair to find the perfect shoes for them. Some never do. Some people have sensitive finicky...

In GEAR » Recommendation for some trail runners
December 23, 11:11pm

packs
If the BV200 is ~700 in3 it should work for you. I was thinking it was smaller, like 450 or so for some reason. Dont know why. Your first days food out of Muir Ranch obviously doesnt need to be...

In GEAR » Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
December 23, 8:08pm

summary
The answer is still(as I understand it) : 1. Approved bear cannister in bear can areas or Food storage box 2. Possibly un-approved bear cannister or Ursack in non-bear can areas, depending ...

December 23, 5:46pm

John Muir
Half of the John Muir Wilderness is in the Inyo National Forest, and is subject to Inyos requirements. But it really doesnt matter, its virtually the same everywhere. You are still required to ...

December 23, 5:09pm

can
I would say if you go thru the trouble to haul an ursack and a bear can, why not just take a larger bear can? The ursack is about what 8oz? Might as well get a BV500 and make life simple IF you ca...

December 23, 4:45pm

regs
You can look at the regs for Sequoia and Kings canyon as well, it states: The Three Food Storage Options: Portable animal-resistant food storage containers Food Storage Boxes In areas w...

December 23, 4:31pm

jmt
If you check the forest service website, you will find things you might not expect: Such as in the Inyo National Forest: "In all wilderness areas shown, food must be stored in bear resis...

December 23, 1:54pm

solo
I dont think the west is any different from the east for solo hiking, at least not if you are not in grizzly country. There you might want a group of about 5 at least. (I recall reading that stati...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT section hike
December 22, 12:37pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm