BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 181 - 190 of 242 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

List under $1500
This isn't even hard with that much money. I'd switch the sleeping bag out from the list below, and perhaps add a real rain jacket like a Marmot Essence. You could switch to a WM bag, a rai...

In Gear Lists » Creating a new gear list under 1500$
May 17, 5:44am

Debbie Downer
Not to be a downer on this thread, but is this really anything worth lauding? You're going to sleep outside on a warm dry night without map, compass, or any contingency gear, though you're ...

In Gear Lists » Sipsey Wilderness Sub 2 pounds
May 13, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Summer Gear list for the PNW
Agreed. At 5oz, you're better off going with a bivy for a 2oz penalty that includes ground, bug, draft, and splash protection.

In Gear Lists » Summer Gear list for the PNW
May 11, 9:48am

Re: Re: Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
Ursacks weigh 8oz! Plus, it truly is simple to hang an effective bear bag with the PCT method. 2oz for rope and carabiner and 5 minutes can't be beat. I think the tagline of this website sums u...

In GEAR » Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
April 26, 8:47am

OPSack
I should add that I carry my food in a large OPSack (odor proof plastic bag) while backpacking. At night, everything goes in that odor proof bag, which then goes in my sleeping bag dry sack up the ...

April 25, 10:50pm

Re: Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
Don't buy a system. Use an existing stuff/dry sack from your sleeping bag or tent/tarp, buy some spectra cord and a tiny, non-load-bearing carabiner and watch a video on the PCT method.

April 25, 5:56pm

Rei
I really don't see that as an abuse of the policy. The policy is "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed", not "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed if something breaks or otherwise fails and is t...

In GEAR » Trimming my Aether 70--Get a new bag or cut it up?
April 21, 8:27am

wenthiking.com
I reckon I'll bump this a last time to let folks know about what's changed. I've made some changes to Went Hiking to make individual logs much more of a blog format. Here's an ex...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keep track of your trips
April 20, 11:46am

Neoair warmth
I've been warm below freezing on a Neoair, and have slept warm on snow with it and a torso-length Ridgerest. I use an American Medical Kits emergency blanket as a groundcloth which may have som...

In GEAR » Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
April 19, 2:17pm

Bearpawwd
I don't own anything of John's yet, but I do have a Pentanet on order from him to make my Trailstar wife-compatible. He was overly helpful and quick to respond, and even talked me out of bu...

In GEAR » Bear paw
April 04, 10:53am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am